Friday, April 30, 2010

Photo shoots and closet cleaning

I did another photo shoot with another great family. These are the Whipple's. Todd and Laura are both Chiropractors in the Austin area. I have been swearing for months that I'm going to go see them since their practice is also a wellness center. It would be great to see them since I have MS. The bad part of me that believes "ignorance is bliss" and I chose to ignore the MS. I know sometime soon I'm going to have to face this head on but I'm not there yet. They are super laid back so they were so much fun to take pictures of.

Here is Todd! Yes he is handsome as ever! The funny thing is I posted about half the shots on FB so they could have a sneak peek. I got more E-mails about who is this guy! I had someone come up to me in pick up at the kids school and ask who he was. I even had someone ask me if he was in the soaps! His wife is just as beautiful as him. It cracks me up because sometimes I feel like the only desperate housewife out there! I love you hubby, btw! Now I know at a certain age we all have a little desperate housewife in us. I still hold the candle since I check out the recon recycling guys every Wednesday.


These are the girls next door! They were moving back to California since their Dad who is in the Navy is off the boat he's been on for the last nine months. Their grandparents live next to us and they have stayed there with their Mom while their Dad was on the boat. We have gotten really attached to them. I hate to see them go for many reasons. Aidan had his first kiss from one of them. I got pretty tight with their Mom while they were here. We are going to miss them like crazy. Many tears were shed last night saying goodbye.


I woke up Friday morning and decided to get another thing done off my shit list. I'm going to tackle my closet today which has haunted me for months. This blog has been great for me as far as guilting me into getting shit done. This closet reminds me of the "monster" in lost. When I walk past it I swear it has that smoke coming from it! I start out by taking everything out of it and putting into my bedroom. Wow, my bedroom is now full of shit. I decide as I'm putting the clothes back in the closet I will turn the hangers backwards that way in six months everything that is still backwards I will get rid of. I learned this little trick on an episode of hoarders. As I'm cleaning this closet out I have many "Ahhh Haaaa" moments as Oprah would say. I realize I may be a minni hoarder, I blame my Mom 100 percent! The deference between my Mom and me is she is an organized hoarder and I am not. I also realize I may need to go on an episode of "What not to wear". I try to part with things I'm not ever going to get my ass in again, but it is hard. At one point I think "why the hell did I start this project", I'm feeling totally overwhelmed by all the shit on my bed. Then as I'm putting stuff away I come across stuff that I forgot about, I'm thinking "oh that's cute I forgot I had those pants". Hubby who was at home depot comes in walks in the bedroom and say's WTF! I tell him I'm cleaning the closet. He is worried because I have a bad habit of starting things I don't finish. So I continue deciding what stays and what goes and I decide anything I owned in the 90's needs to go. I don't care how cute it is we are in 2010 for God sakes! I also decide that ANYTHING that has the word "RAMPAGE" on it has to go too! I'm not a spring chicken and never will be so get rid of the HS like clothes! As I'm going through the closet I come across an Easter card I bought for my niece and never sent, I suck 100 percent. I did finish the closet, now I have a pile of 90's clothes and Rampage shit in the corner of my room if anyone is interested. Anyway always fun with the people I live with!

No comments: