Saturday, May 1, 2010

GET OUT OF MY CAR

These are what I like to think of as the "money shots" of Ella. I could not post them until Ella's birthday invites went out. This was one that was being considered. Gosh I miss this baby so much. I was planning on flying to Chicago for her first birthday. My little guys are doing hip hop and the show they have been working on for six months is the same day as her party! I was really looking forward to a weekend away from these people I live with.

This was one of my favorites and I also think it was in the running for the invite! I love when she makes that serious face. I think it should be a tradition for her to come see Aunt Kerry every bluebonnet season.


This was the winner. Kelly made the most beautiful invite with this picture.


Looks sweet, doesn't he???? This kid has more passion then any of my children. The problem is he has that same passion when he is arguing with me. When Cole plays football, basketball, and soccer you can see his passion for the sport. I have even had coaches and parents come up and commit on it. So this is not a case of "I see something no one else does in my child". I'm sure I am guilty of this sometime in the past few years but not in this case. He is also a realist as my Dad likes to call him. He on a few occasions has brought my youngest to tears when he says things like "Everyone dies someday so you better get used to the idea". He is my most honest child who tells it like it is a little to much. He will be the first one to tell me if I'm having an off day. He also told my sister her eyes didn't look right when she didn't have her makeup on. He has gotten into a really bad habit of telling me if he thinks someone looks to "healthy", I don't know where he even picked up the word "healthy". When I try to reason with him he just doesn't seem to get it. I will tell him he can't say things like this and he'll reply with something like "but they are". Missing my point 100 percent. He sounds like a real asshole I know. This is also the same kid that will stick up for his friends with the same passion. He always includes the kid who doesn't have as many friends in a football game. His teachers give him rave reviews and always tell me things like he is the happiest child. So as many bad habits as he has he has many more good ones that have helped save his little ass. Cole was at a birthday party at blazer tag today. I was picking him and his two friends up to take home. There is no where close to our house to have a kids party so us parents usually will try to carpool for this stuff. If anyone out there wants to open a business a kids birthday party place in the Dripping Springs area would make a fortune. On the way home Cole is trying to show off in front of his friends and is acting obnoxious. I have to correct him several times. I hate to do this since I remember being mortified as a kid when my parents would do this. Sometimes with this one he just gives me no other option but to correct him. When we get to the second kids house the Dad comes out and Cole invites himself to stay. This is another big "No, No" of mine. The Dad tells him sorry they have plans. Cole is like well I can go with you. I am utterly embarrassed at this point. I say "Cole, he said they have plans, let it go". He starts to complain right in front of them. I tell him get in the car. I can feel that burning sensation inside me as I get in the car. We get in the car and I lose it. I hate being pushed to that point, but I'm there. I tell him when an adult tells you NO you don't argue with them. At this point he is crying like a two year old having a hissy fit. I'm telling him things like you are nine years old, you can't act this way. I'm also telling him I will not put up with him talking back to me. He tells me I am the worst person he knows and he wants to move away from me. This makes my blood pressure go through the roof. I pull over the car (we are in our neighborhood) and I tell him to get out of the car. I'm not proud of this at all. Now I'm acting just as bad as he is. Forget the no text while driving in my case it's safer than driving with Cole. I am not texting while driving anymore after watching Oprah's show on it. I have not signed her pledge because it seems when I do things like that I will mess up for sure. If I don't I have a better chance at success. Sounds crazy I know I may need therapy. Speaking of therapy if I was near a therapist office when all this was going on I would have been tempted to drop his ass off on the doorstep with a note that would have read "please return when fixed". Anyway back to the story. After I pull over to kick him out of the car this changes his tune real quick. He is now sorry, and I am now feeling like someone is sitting on my chest from the anxiety. I'm trying to breath deep to calm down. We get home and hubby walks in shortly after and I look like a cat in one of those cards with the eyes bulging out and the hair standing straight up! I tell him what happens and he calls Cole into the bedroom. This kid immediately starts crying before hubby even opens his mouth. This kind of burns my ass since my head has to be spinning with green shit flying out of my mouth before I get this reaction. REALLY??????.... all he does is have to call his name and he folds! None of the, your the worst Dad ever, I hate you, and I'm moving as far away from you as I can! I want this kids first million since he will be something "BIG" with this kind of passion. The first thing I'm going to buy is a convertible sports car and drive by myself with the top down blasting music and letting what hair I have left blowing in the wind. Tonight as I write this blog entry he is upstairs vacuuming and cleaning trying to make me happy. Today was one of those days when certain people I live with caused my ugly side to surface! Judge away people, I would be the first person to judge if I heard a story like this. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Mothers Day is next Sunday and I want something big.






1 comment:

Kelly said...

First of all, that is not the pic I chose for the invite...don't you have an invite to check jerkstore? Secondly, I say good for you regarding Cole. Obviously you hit a nerve when you tried to kick him out of the car. Can you imagine what he would tell his teacher? Ha ha. Just keel telling yourself that he us your key to a rich retirement!