Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Field trip

Cole had a field trip on Monday morning! As many of you know I'm not a morning Gal! But being a stay at home Mom you can't really get out of these. It kinda reminds me of sex, where you don't want to do it but once you get there its all good.

We go the this nature trail that has a cave at the end. Cole is really excited that I'm there which makes it worth the not getting back in bed.


I do have to say the grounds are beautiful. This is an old tree and the roots were unbelievable.



The tour guide was a character, I really think he thought he was the guy from man versus wild. He told the kids a bunch of times be careful of snakes. Some of the kids didn't even want to go on the tour because he mentioning snakes so many times. I'm hanging with Cole's teacher who has been on this trip for the last few years. She tells me she has yet to see a snake and this guy is crazy.

Well wouldn't ya know know it we see two snakes during our tour. The last one the man versus wild tour guide pretty much pulls a shovel out of mid air to get rid of it. The snakes we see are both poisonous! There might be something to that "secret" thing!

Here we are in the cave. It was pretty cool, I'm a little claustrophobic so I stay close to the opening.

We are driving home and I do have "The Secret" Cd. I pop it in since it is a thirty minute drive. I'm hoping to brain wash Cole with this CD! I tell him listen and when you want to fight with your brothers or talk back to me you need to tell the universe this is not how you act. I hope it worked.


We get home to find a dead squirrel at the end of our driveway with a vulture eating it. Cole is fascinated by this. I think to myself this is exactly how I feel some days, getting my guts eaten out ! Oldest person I live with comes home and I catch him in a lie. I now am saying all the same crap my Mom and Dad said to me at this age when I was caught in a lie. I'm upset because from the time my kids were little I have told them if you tell my the truth no matter how bad it is I will not be mad! These next few years with my oldest are going to be tough for me. I lied at this age for sure so I do relate but I thought I had a different approach then my parents. I thought mine would work. I was proven wrong today. It hurts me more than him to get mad at him and take things away but someday he will understand I did it to make him a better person. These people I live with make me sad sometimes.

No comments: