Monday, May 24, 2010

A night at the Oscars

Cole and Aidan have been taking a hip hop class for the last six months. They are actually really good. They had a recital this past Saturday. Cole was really excited because he was the only one who could stand on the side of his head. I must say I am impressed, I tried this and didn't even come close. The boys had a dress rehearsal at 9am Saturday morning. We head out at about 8:15 which came way to early for me. When we get downtown the street we are supposed to turn on is blocked off for a marathon. I driving around in circles cussing like a sailor in my head. My phone rings.....it's my friend Christina who's son is also in the show. I immediately ask her how the hell she got to the school. There is a strange silence and she asks where I'm at. I tell her downtown but everything is blocked off so I can't get in. Another bit of a silence and she tells me they changed to location of the show. WTF, I want to scream when I find out it is now in Buda TX which is no where near downtown. On the road again thank God for GPS. We get there just in time for them to go on since they were the 11th act.


It's is so cute and worth all the stressful rides every Monday to this class. They tell us while were there that we can't take pictures or video during the show. That is why my stage pictures are from the dress rehearsal. Of course they will sell you an overpriced DVD of the show for the great price of 35 dollars!



The boys do a dance to "Here come the men in black".


We are getting ready to go back to Buda for show time.


My sister in law Mandy and my niece Lexi came in for the weekend to see the show.



My Mother in law also came in from Dallas to see the show.


Cole and Aidan pretty much think they are hot stuff, they even have a little strut when they walk. I do have to admit they look pretty handsome.


I'm pretty impressed by the recital set up. This is my first one since I have three boys. They have red carpets and Oscar trophies. The boys are digging this as much as I am. I'm a little nervous since Aidan told me his stomach hurt on the way there. He was getting a bit of stage fright.



Cole my "poser" is taking this red carpet stuff really serious.



I love to take pictures but Cole was going a bit overboard with all the posing. Every time I put the camera down he would say "wait, wait, get this one".


As cute as the show was it was also two long painful hours of watching other peoples children that you don't know. Sounds bad to say but it is just not as much fun to watch kids you don't know dance. There were some obnoxious parents in the audience that would shout out their kids name right before they went on. Get a hold of yourself were not at a Stones concert. I was waiting for the lighters to come up in middle of the songs. The show was really nice and the dancers put a lot of work into it. I hope the boys will let me talk them into doing another show next year. This is the closest I get to feeling what it would be like to have a girl. The rest of my year is filled with football. soccer, basketball, farts, and burps.



They really did dig these Oscar trophies. We headed out for a nice dinner to celebrate. We successfully talked them out of McDonald's or Ihop and made them think that Texas Land and Cattle was their idea. Even though they think they are smarter than me I still outwit them every time. When these people I live with end up on "so you think you can dance" I will be happy.

No comments: