Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A case of Jekyll and Hyde

Mornings have not been mine lately. I have had things pop up in the morning that are cutting into my nap time. Today I had an 8:30 meeting at the school for Cole. I'm sitting in the meeting with wet hair which seems to be the story of my life. I'm having a conference about Cole with this two teachers and the Principal. We are discussing our plan of action for next year since he has dyslexia. His teacher tells me he is the happiest child in her class. My first instinct is to laugh out loud as loud as I can. Then I'm thinking to myself who is she talking about???? This can't be my Cole. Then she tells me every morning he comes into her classroom skipping and singing. I sit there with a smile on my face but I'm thinking to myself this kind of pisses me off. Every morning I drag Cole out of bed, I break up at least one fight before we get out the door between him and Aidan, we usually fight because he wants mac and cheese for breakfast, and we always have a fight in the car on the way to school. I continue to sit there and get rave reviews about Cole from everyone in this meeting. What the hell did I raise Jekyll and Hyde. Who is this kid I drop off at school because I don't know him at all. I walk out of the meeting feeling slightly deflated in a way......thinking WHY! I know I should be happy that he is so well behaved in school but I'm jealous. I want the happy, singing, and skipping Cole. My life would be so much better if I had that happy child they were describing that I feel like I don't even know. What am I doing wrong with these people I live with and why do they like to push my buttons?

No comments: