Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Field days, flower photo shoots, and bedtime rhymes

This week has been a tough one for this not so great in the morning gal. Today Aidan had field days at 8am. There are no get out of jail free cards for these kinds of things. So my not so happy ass headed up to the school instead of back to bed. When you look at the smile on his face it makes it all worth it. Tomorrow is Cole's field day at 8am, I'm going to defiantly give up the goods Thursday night so I can sleep in Friday.

What a little ladies man even if they do like to give him bunny ears in every picture.


After field days I head to Sonic for a cheeseburger. I get to the window and realize I have no purse and no money on me. I felt like a giant jack ass. I drive back home and I am pleasantly surprised it is garbage day! My washer broke on Mothers day of all days. It's only been a few days but I have a ton of laundry. I spend most of the day going back and forth to my neighbors getting caught up on my laundry. I'm still going strong with my yoga so between loads I pop in the yoga DVD. It's only been two weeks but stuff is still cracking and popping. These muscles haven't been stretched like this in years. I wonder if I'm releasing toxins through my body by stretching all these muscles that haven't been stretched since my twenties. God only knows what lurks in there. I feel like I have been brainwashed since I moved here. This is the healthiest state. I live around all these workout barbies that love to run and exercise. I have a recurring dream that I'm running. I never had this dream before I lived here but now I have it a few times a week. In my dream I am pleasantly surprised to find out I am a runner and I'm good at it. I think FB is to blame for this dream since all these girls are posting how great their run was, or how much they love to run. I guess I am green with jealousy since I have never run in my life with the exception of a good ding dong ditch game. I will start with yoga and then I may try the running thing. I kind of think my subconscious may be trying to tell me run. What if it is trying to tell me to run like hell from these people I live with????? Kidding of course but that does sound like fun. I will tell you I was perfectly happy eating cheeseburgers and drinking beer before I moved here. Damn you workout, running, eating healthy people! You have guilted me into exercise. I do like the way the yoga makes me feel but I feel like I may put some weight on me from since I have turned into a hungry, hungry, hippo since starting it.


After Blake gets home I make the boys go out for another photo shoot. I just can't get enough of the beautiful wildflowers this year. They are not at all happy, all it takes is me saying the next time you need something see what I do.

Cole is always the most cooperative for photos. He calls me "camera lady" and himself "the poser", we work well together. He cracks me up because I take a lot of pictures of other families by the pond near our house. Every time he sees someone else taking pictures there he will say...." look Mom that person is stealing your jobs".

This is a cute picture of Aidan but these are far and few between. He is famous for making goofy faces in a lot of my pictures.

I often wonder what life will be like with these guys in a few years. When they got home from school today the two little guys toasted three pieces of toast each, ate yogurt, chips, a slim jim, and drank a half gallon of OJ. Please universe I need money and lots of it otherwise I don't know how I will feed these people when they are in HS.


Oh yeah your eyes are not deceiving you! This is Blake finally earning his keep. They have had little choirs that annoy me more than help me. They have to keep their rooms clean and the game room. They do not clean it the way I like so I re clean it. Blake is finally at the age where his choirs become useful. This one is a hubby bonus, but in my mind I'm thinking if you can mow you can steam clean kitchen floors and do toilets. These people I live with are getting a little more useful to me.


We end the day with having dinner together kind of. The boys pull their chairs up to the edge of the family room so they could watch TV. I always rub the little guys backs before they go to bed. Tonight while I'm rubbing Cole's back he tells me they are learning rhymes in school. He starts to rhyme about me. So he says....."Kerry is kinda scary, shes alittle hairy, acts like a fairy, has a friend named Sharri, she eats a berry, she has a cousin Sherry, and acts like she's merry so you better be warry. I know it sounds stupid but I can't stop laughing. My favorite times with these people I live with are the conversations we have in their bed right before bedtime. I have to get ready because my "bed you make your own breakfast" is opening for business in the morning. My firery redheaded cousin Chelsea is coming in the morning so all you cowboys better hold on to your hats.

No comments: