Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Battle of the sexes

I had another successful photo shoot last night. This was for one of my really good friends so I had her take a few pictures of my family since Mothers Day is Sunday.

I look at this picture and I think....Damn my oldest is almost as tall as me. Now in reality that is not saying much since I'm pretty short!

Here I am with these boys that will hopefully take care of me in my elder years out of guilt.

As much as I complain about these guys on this blog they are my world. I love them more than I ever thought possible. All I want for them is to be happy, healthy, and wealthy.



Oh my gosh, I look at this photo and think one thing.......I'm in for it! These guys are going to be teenagers soon. I now hate that saying "paying for your raising"!



This only thing missing from this picture is a little girl. Just kidding really!


My friend Ashley and her beautiful family! We had so much fun on our double family photo shoot.Recap of the day. My day started out getting the kids up for school, dressed, and fed. I now have to drive them in the morning since my neighbor who did mornings moved. I'm used to being able to kiss them goodbye and go back to bed. I drive them and try to go back to bed and realize it is much harder after you have been up for awhile. I go upstairs to the Vegas type room to try to sleep. After tossing and turning for at least an hour I fall asleep. I'm woken up by someone who sounds like they are downstairs. I jump up an realize it is hubby. He rarely comes home during the day. I quickly get up and grab the sheets that yes I just washed yesterday off Aidan's bed but since he had a bloody nose last night I have to re wash them. Dog chasing my tail as usual. Hubby says.....are you just getting up?? No, I'm getting the sheets off the bed to re wash them. I don't think he buys my story but he gives me a get out of jail free card. Hubby works from home for a while and as much as I don't want to I do alittle yoga. I'm really trying to stick with this and I do feel a certain energy after. Hubby kind of gets mad at me for leaving my car unlocked. I say what's the big deal??? He says hello.......someone can get into our house with the garage door opener! As much as I hate to admit he is right....he is right! I pick up the little guys from school and we head out for new shoes. I don't get why but my kids can't seem to keep shoes for more than six months. They blow holes in the toes constantly. On our way I almost turn the car around twice because of the fighting going on between the two of them. We get to Academy sports store and these two remind me of women. They go back and forth between so many shoes till they pick a pair. Wouldn't you know the pair Cole picks they don't have his size. We go to plan B for Cole and he picks out another. Aidan is the worst he is going back and forth between five different pairs of shoes. I don't know where he gets this annoying trait because I happen to be a super fast shopper. I'm getting frustrated waiting for him he is only seven and this shoe crap shouldn't be this big of a deal. After we leave the store and they go back to their normal bitching at each other I find myself saying yet another thing I swore I would never say. I yell and I do mean yell...." you people make it no fun to do nice things for you because you are never nice to me" We head back to the house since we have to get Blake to a choir concert. After the concert I notice Blake's phone is buzzing like crazy. I ask him who is texing him like mad. He tells me it doesn't matter. Really have we hit the teenage years this quick???? He gives me that nasty teenage like response. I'm getting the little guys ready for bed and rubbing their backs, after I go back into Blake's room and ask him if he has a new girlfriend or something. He tells me he really doesn't want to talk to me about it. This pretty much kills me since this is the kid who tells me everything. Cole is spying around the corner and tells me when he is in six grade he is going to tell me everything. As much as I love to hear this I'm still freaking about Blake. I tell him I thought we were close, why wouldn't you tell me? He tells me I freaked out the last time he was "dating" someone. What?....I was just trying to guide you in the right way to break up with someone you have never been on a date with. This is killing me I want to know. He comes down for a glass of water and I ask again. He tells me if I buy him a paint gun he will tell me. I say no thanks and tell the ingrate to go to bed! This makes me angry since this past year I have pretty much become an ATM machine to this kid with all the movies with friends, driving him everywhere, and paintball crap. I wonder if it is ever enough, are kids ever happy these days???? There I go saying that adult like stuff again. Blake goes to bed and I sneak upstairs to check his phone. ERASED! This is a first for this I check his phone every other day I have never seen the messages cleared. That little shit! Here we go into the years of you love your children but you may not like them for a while. A certain person I live with better watch his ass because I can get a print out of his messages from the phone company if those messages are ERASED again! These people I live with may think they are smarter than me but they are not.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Is that the chair I bought you when I thought Aidan was going to be a girl???
And, seriously, you don't know where Aidan gets his shopping habits from??? Have you ever been shopping with Michael??? :)
Love the family pics!

Kelly said...

That was funny as shit about Blake and the phone company. Good old Cole telling you he'll tell you all his secrets in sixth grade. I love it. The pics look great but next time lose the cowboy boots! Seriously though, what a good-looking family except you're missing a member...Ziggy?

Teresa said...

Your pics are great...I wish you lived here so you could take pics of my family!