Sunday, May 16, 2010

Camera girl and the poser.

I head up to school Thursday morning against my better judgement, since I'm not a morning gal. Cole had field days and this is my third day this week of not being able to go back to bed. I look like hell, but that's ok I'm doing my stay at home Mom duties. When I get up to the school I walk in behind this couple that I recognize, since I'm at the school a lot. The women is in a wheelchair and is bone thin. I recognize them but don't know them very well. The lady that makes you show identification to walk in the school asks the women in the wheelchair what happened. Her husband says long story and blows her off. I'm walking behind them out to the playground for field days. They hold the door for me and the women in the wheelchair gives me a huge smile. I find myself wondering what the deal is with them. I find Cole and he cracks me up when he tells everyone I am camera girl and he is the poser! I must say we make a good pair.

Here is the poser with his friends! He is my one child who loves his picture taken and will pose every time as you will see. I'm hanging out with some of the other moms and someone brings up the lady in the wheelchair. Now me I'm thinking she broke something. I find out that she has a third grader and a two year old and had been diagnosed with Lou Garrett's disease. I hear that she does not have much time. When I hear this my breath is almost taken away. I can't imagine what this women is going through. She is put together looks beautiful and has a huge smile in her face. Talk about rethinking "don't sweat the small stuff". The whole day I can't get her out of my mind, I wonder WHY the hell do things like this happen!


Cole once again posing! Even though I can't get this lady out of my head kids are kinda of oblivious to this kind of stuff. Which is once again why I think ignorance is bliss.



Every time I point the camera at Cole he has a pose! He always yells hey camera girl get this. I love that he calls me "camera girl" and not "camera lady".

I catch his race before I have to head to the airport to pick up my cousin Chelsea for a visit.


Chelsea comes in and after dinner we go for a walk. My friend Sharri from Chicago sent the boys some mustaches in the mail. Cole is the first to want to show these stashes off. He wears his proudly on our walk through the hood.

Cole wants me to take several pictures of him posing with the mustache. Someday this kid is going to be in the entertainment industry. He better buy me a huge house, a nice car, and some great plastic surgery.


Another pose from the poser. Still at the end of the night I can't get the women with the beautiful smile out of my head. I feel awful and get teary eyed every time I think of her. It makes me realize life is short and these people I live with are the best things I have done in my life. Please if you read this even though I don't know this women's name please pray for her and her family! In a crazy kind of way she has made me a better person since I have thought of her every time I have wanted to yell at these people I live with today and just gave them a hug instead.

No comments: