Friday, May 7, 2010

Something smells fishy

My day started out getting kids out the door for school. Then of course back to sleep for me. I get up and do some yoga, I've done really good this week with yoga. There was only one day that my evil twin would not let me off the couch to do it. Doorbell rings around two O'clock. I peek out the window but I don't see a car. I should know better than to open the door during the day. I think it may be a neighbor so against my better judgement I open it.It's not a neighbor but an over animated, clothes clashing, black socks with sandals salesman. I'm usually am pretty quick on my feet with these people and tell them I'm just the house sitter. This guy throws me off my game when he dropped hubby's name and said something about where hubby worked. He asks me if I have 5 minutes. He ends up at my kitchen table with boxes full of frozen fish. He talks super fast and makes crazy faces while showing all his loot. He starts to tell me how he loves dogs and he has five of them. Then he says he even sleeps with his dogs. I say.......that's sweet lots of people sleep with their dogs. In his over animated way he tells me......my dogs don't sleep with me I sleep with them! Now I can't get out of my head this sales guy (who kind of reminds me of a combo of Mango from "SNL" and Jim Carrey in "the cable guy") curled up in a dog bed with dogs all around him. I started to get a little freaked out by the guy so I grab my phone off the table and start trying to scroll for the phone ringing application under the table. This is something my kids put on my phone that you press and your phone rings. The kids have put about 100 things on my phone so I'm having a hard time trying to find it while also trying to listen to fish man. Fish guy calls me out and asks me if I'm texting. I give up on the phone thing and listen to the rest of this guys garbage. Finally I'm sick as shit of looking at frozen fish so I ask him how much per box. My plan is to buy one box and get rid of fish man. OHHHH NOOOOO, you can't just buy one box you have to buy six boxes. He shoots me a price of 190 dollars. Though I am not the type of girl who asks permission to spend money I tell the fish man I will have to check with hubby. He completely ignores me and asks me if he could start packing this fish in my freezer. I tell him again I will have to check with hubby. He says "Do you really need permission to buy groceries?" This just rubs me the wrong way especially since 5 minutes has turned into 40. I politely tell him yes, I need to get permission to spend 200 dollars. This is hard for me since I would rather chew on glass than say I need permission to buy something! I would much rather say take your over priced fish that your selling out of a truck and shove it up your ass. I do not let my evil twin out of the box. I will no longer be answering the door in the day time. I pick up the little guys from school and they want to go to the pool. Even though I don't feel like going I suit up. We get there and Cole spends a hour walking around pouting since none of his friends were there.


Aidan jumps right in and starts swimming laps. I wish I had this guys stamina.

Remember when you could go to the pool in a hot little bikini????? Those days are gone for me! Remember the freshman 40????? Same thing happens when you hit 40. Now 40 pounds is a bit of a exaggeration but 10 is not. Now when I go to the pool I secretly wish that we had the same traditions as the Muslims where I could walk around with just my eyes popping out. I also wish now that I hadn't bathed myself in baby oil and laid out on black top driveways in my earlier young and dumb years. Now instead of babyoil I have been known to drench my face in cooking oil to try to soften the lines. I saw on Dr. Oz that women from another country have young looking skin because from the time they are children they put cooking oil on their face and hands. One time I was on the couch and hubby say's "why is your face so shiny?" I tell him it's cooking oil and he's like "what the hell is wrong with you?"Damn and I hate to say but my Mom knew what she was talking about when it came to sunscreen. I am now wishing I would have listened! Now I have to cake on sunscreen so I don't cause anymore sun damage. I have to where big sunglasses so no more crows take up space on my face. I guess there is something to that saying "Mother knows best".


After the pool we head to Aidan's end of the year soccer party. The kids play a game against the parents. I am camera girl so I get out of the game to take pictures.



I take a ton of pictures but I find my camera is almost like a magnet I can't control. It keeps trying to take pictures of these guys!

That is hubby and yes he is playing soccer barefoot!


We end the night at Waterloo ice house where the kids get there trophies. As sad as I am that soccer season has come to an end, I am even more happy that it has ended. This for me means less time in the car with these people I live with going back and fourth to practices five nights a week. It also means Saturdays at the pool instead of running back and forth to three soccer games! The best part about it is it means Saturday's are now sleep in days! Somewhat of the constant craziness with these people I live with has come to end.
.

No comments: