Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's day morning I'm woken up to get this beautiful taped toilet paper and Kleenex box house from Aidan. Lately Aidan has almost an obsession with tape. He is taping up everything in the house I find little matchbox cars and little boats all taped up under his bed. A roll of tape is no longer safe in my home. Maybe he will be an engineer of some kind or an architect, so I don't discourage him as annoying as it is. I'm thinking to my future when he is an award winning architect and he builds me my dream house and tells everyone he has his mom to thank for letting him build tape houses. He is super proud of this strange little gift and has a really cute smile on his face when he asks me where I'm going to display this. Where does one display a taped toilet paper Kleenex box?????? On the bedroom dresser of course where only hubby and I can enjoy this strange little gift.

Cole is standing behind him with this beautiful card with coupons. It has all these symbols of things he thinks I am. He has symbols for friendship, happiness, goodness, strong, women, boys, and men. I think my favorite symbols are clear weather, drums, mountains, bears, and three years. I'm still trying to figure what those have to do with Mother's day. He put a lot of work in his card and it means a lot to me. I do plan on using these coupons that are mostly for house cleaning. Now the coupons hubby put in my card for my birthdaythat are mostly nasty sexual things are still unused in my nightstand. Those do make for a good laugh about women being from Mars and men being from Venus. Blake comes in with a homemade card after Cole. I love that they all still take the time to make these. These are the greatest gifts ever and make these people I live with not so bad after all.


Here is another homemade gift from Aidan. It's a firetruck he stole from his brother Blake and taped a dollar that he stole from me in some Kleenex. I don't feel bad at all that he stole this from Blake. Two weeks ago Aidan was showing me this black rock. He told me it was a black diamond that was worth a lot of money. At first I'm thinking this kid has a cute imagination. Then he proceeds to tell me that he was so lucky that his brother Blake sold him this very expensive rock for only twenty dollars. When I confront Blake and make him give back the twenty, Blake tells me why are you so mad mom????.....I'm a born salesman! No jerk, your a born bullshitter, there is a big difference!

This is something Aidan made for me at school. I love all the hand print stuff. I have many of these over the years and I cherish all of them.

We head out to downtown Austin for lunch. We go to Opal Divine's for lunch. This is a great little place where you can sit out on the patio and eat. The couple sitting next to us gets up and I suppose they were listening to our whole conversation, as I was listening to the whole conversation of the people sitting behind us. The people behind us were three girls smoking and drinking their ass off while talking all kinds of shit about their friends. This conversation was much more interesting than the conversation at my table that consisted of who had the best Mother's day gift and who was the best kid. So anyway this really nice guy stops and says you have a beautiful family. How sweet is that........he should see us on a bad day, don't think he would think it was so beautiful. The funny thing about this is when he walks away Cole says "hey Dad ya know your lucky that we let you in this family". Hubby is like WHAT???? We realize while talking to Cole that he thinks a women gets pregnant by the act of God putting the child in the belly verses the OMG,OMG..way! This is the same kid that came around the corner not so along when I was getting out of the shower and yelled what happened to your wiener! Talking to Cole a little longer he thinks a women gets pregnant and then decides who would be a good Daddy for their kids. He thinks he is not blood related at all to hubby. I'm ok with this at his age because I really don't want to go through the birds and the bee's with a 3rd grader especially one who thinks everyone has wiener. Like I have said before in some cases "ignorance is bliss", this is one of them. So we breeze over all this with a little chuckle. These people I live with are not half bad on Mother's day. I brainwashed them into to thinking they were not allowed to fight on Mother's day which made for a peaceful non referee kind of day.


BLAST FROM THE PAST
I can't help but remember another funny story that happened a few years back. I was going through old photos and came across a photo of me pregnant with Aidan. I call Aidan over to show him the picture and tell him this is me pregnant with you. He looks at the picture gets a very strange look on his face and says......"why did you swallow me mommy????" Cole who is standing there says "hey silly God put you in her belly she didn't eat you!" I love these people I live with and they make me laugh way more than they make me crazy! Happy Mother's day everyone.

No comments: