Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

My day started out waiting for a guy to come with a part to fix my washer. My washer broke on Mothers day of all days. I have waited now almost two weeks for it to be fixed. Now I use my washer two or three times a day so this has been driving me crazy. Thank God I have a good neighbor who has let me use hers. The guy was supposed to be here at 10, at 12 he is still not there and I'm in desperate need of a shower. I call the place to see if he is close. They tell me he won't be here till after three. Thank you very much for letting me know, customer service is so great now a days. I'm so excited when the guy gets here because I have a ton of laundry to catch up on. Wouldn't ya know they ordered the wrong part!!!!! Now these people I live with who shower every day seem to think they need a fresh towel for every shower. This is a sore subject for me. Needless to say not only do I need to wash sheets and clothes but I have a ton of towels to do. Your frickin clean when you use the towel would it kill them to use it more than once. These are the same people who wet the toothbrush to make it looked like they brush their teeth rather than brush them.

I take the kids to the pool for a while after 4. While I am there one of the Mom's I'm sitting with says she wished she had a wife. I'm thinking damn I wish I had a wife too. Wouldn't that be bliss. We get home eat dinner and we all love Modern Family. While we are watching it a part comes on where the husband is at a basketball game. They are showing him on the TV so the wife decides she's going to call him say something stupid so he makes a funny face on TV. He looks at his phone sees it's her and puts it back in his pocket. Now hubby is laughing uncontrollably at this. I ask him what the hell is so funny????? He says nothing and keeps laughing. I tell him I know what's so funny that scene right there is the story of our life. Men are from Mars and women are from Venus! After the show I go to the sink to rinse out my dish and the sprayer is on so it sprays everywhere. There are several reasons why this makes me mad. First and foremost hubby and I are constantly bickering over having the faucet on sprayer or stream. I like steam because it does not over spray on the counters that up have to wipe down after you run the faucet. He likes sprayer, I'm not sure why maybe it's just to urk me. The next reason I'm mad is the reason it sprays all over me is because these people left dishes in the sink rather than put them in the dishwasher which is right next to the sink. Earlier in the day while I was washing the floors I realized my rug in the bar area was missing. Hubby called right after that so I asked him what happened to the rug. He asks me didn't we move that for your 40th birthday party. I tell him yes but my 40th was back in February and it is May. I have seen that rug there since then. He tells me he's not sure where it would be. I always know when this hubby is lying you think he would have learned that after 14 years. I tell him I can tell he is lying so he better spill what happened to the rug. He throw it away!!!! This makes me crazy because he has a really bad habit of getting rid of stuff without checking with me. I think it's rude I would never get rid of something of his without checking. He tells me he will buy me a new one. I want the one I had I would not have had it out if I didn't like it. Now he never liked this rug, but he tells me it was starting to look to worn and that's why he got rid of it. I say alright then I say it's garbage day and the guys have not come yet. I tell him I'm going to go in his closet and throw away some ties I think look worn. Now he knows when I get mad I sometimes do some irrational things to get my point across, so he is scared. I do go in the closet and pick about ten of his ties pull them out and hide them so he thinks I through them away. He usually reads the blog on Sundays so he won't know till then that they are hidden. I still won't tell him where they are so he will have to find them. I really just want to show him that you should check with someone before you throw their things away. I think it's rude but on the bright side I have earned a get out of jail free card.
After Modern family I take the little guys up to bed to scratch their backs. I made the mistake of telling Cole that when he was a baby I used to sing him the "Nightie, Night" song. I am constantly trying to convince this guy that I'm not the worst Mom ever. I do have guilt with him since Aidan came so quick after him with raging colic and he did get the shaft because of that. Ever since I told him about Nightie, Night he wants me to not only rub his back but sing Nightie, Night at the same time. It's not because he is trying to relive his earlier years, it is because he loves to laugh at how awful my voice is. For some reason my awful voice makes him belly laugh. I allow this because of the guilt I feel about when he was still a baby and I was so maxed out with the colic baby that he did not get to be the baby he still was. Anyway another day with these people I live with. If anyone is wondering the pictures from this post I took from my back porch.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What the hell is Michael's problem? I mean really, he just threw the rug away? I am not surprised. I love that he lied though.