Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Last week of school

So it's the last week of school. The kids are more excited than me for sure. This for me as much as it means I can now sleep in also means I need to put my referee uniform on. I can't tell you how many fights I break up on a daily basis. I'm amazed that after past summers of being a stay at home Mom that I'm not addicted to something like zanax. I have stuck to my yoga the last few weeks and as much as I'm going to need to keep it up to relieve all the stress I'm about to endure I might have a hard time. I tried to do yoga on Saturday afternoon but Cole just couldn't seem to leave me alone. He kept talking about how Rodney Lee Young was half naked and how gross he looked. At one point when I was trying to do the strong warrior pose Cole was under me laughing at me. When he finally did leave me alone he proceeded to start a fight with Aidan. This caused them both to start the blood curdling scream of my name I love so much. It is very hard to be in the state of relaxation with all is going on. It's going to be a long summer with these people I live with.

Alright while I'm writing this post I'm watching nightline. There is a story on about a family who raises their four children in what they call a non-schooling atmosphere. The kids do what they want, when they want, how they want. They make all their own decisions. They cook what they want for dinner every night. They go to bed when they want. They can even eat a whole box of cookies if they want. I'm almost tempted to test this crazy theory for a week. I'm sitting here thinking of my kids drawing on walls, playing football in the house, not brushing their teeth for a week, staying up till 2am, renting R-rated movies, eating candy for dinner, drinking a twelve pack of soda, ect...ect...ect. After thinking this over for 5 seconds I think hell NO! I can't even chalk up this crazy women's idea up to laziness, she is definitely not lazy. To let your children do whatever they want would be like having 3 full time jobs. My personal opinion is she smoked to much pot in her younger years and killed to many brain cells. These people I live with would single handily take down my house if they had a week of non-parenting.


My kids and me are planning a trip to Chicago for the month of July. Last week we found out my Grandma who is going to be 87 in July has cancer in her lungs, stomach, and colon. We may move our trip up now. She starts treatment tomorrow and as much as I hope it helps it scares me because of her age. She is the best person in the world. I never have heard her say a bad word about anyone. She loves to watch the cubs sit in her kitchen and visit with her family. Please pray for her she is truley an angel. She has had to endure alot in her lifetime. She has survived more things than I can say I would have. She raised seven children, she buried two of them, she buried her husband. I love to go to Chicago and spend time with her. I can't imagine a world without her. I want the end of her life to be filled with happiness, I'm hoping it is not filled with sickness from chemo.

No comments: