Friday, June 11, 2010

Almost famous

My friends Todd and Laura called and asked if my kids would like to have a small part in a movie. Cole and Aidan want to do it but Blake wants to sit in the house all day and play X-box. We follow Todd out to this guys house who lives by Zilker park. When we get there we pull up to a small house on prime real estate. So we walk into this house that is your typical bachelor pad. The front room which is supposed to house something like a sofa seems to be a storage unit. There is a book shelve in the foyer that instead of displaying pictures and knick knacks holds every 80's and 90's movie ever made. Now there is a small family room and kitchen around the corner. The furniture is all lined up along the walls in there as if it is on house arrest including the kitchen table. So were standing there getting the details for what the kids will be doing in movie when in walks the guys roommate in a striped robe with his hair standing straight up. Mind you it is 3 in the afternoon. He walks past us and gets a bowl of cereal. The only thing going through my mind is I would love to live this carefree life for about a week. I want to live in the bachelor pad that has no signs of a kid ever being there except the nine kids standing in there now. I want to wake up at 3 with my hair standing straight up not because of kids but because of a good sleep. I also want to park my ass on the most comfortable looking 70's sofa and watch all those movies. Then reality slaps me in the face and I think I wonder how many miles that sofa has on it.
This guys bach pad backs up to Barton Springs. We take a nice hike down to where we will be shooting. The bad thing is it is covered with poison ivy, poison oak, and mosquitoes. We end up at this beautiful place on the creek that I had no idea even existed.
There are an array of characters down there. Some of the best people watching I have ever seen. I'm really starting to get that "keep Austin weird" thing. Of course since I am camera girl I have my camera with me.
The kids are having a great time shooting this movie. Notice the juggler in the back round, he is not part of the movie. I'm having a great time walking around checking out all the different people.
We end up at one of those great Austin swimming holes. As you can see from the picture some crazy stuff must go on in this hole.
This is another character who is not part of the movie. His eyes are crazy he is defiantly high on something other than life. There are a ton of young kids all screwed up jumping off this cliff into the water. All I am thinking is I hope one does not hit the rocks. I already need therapy I don't want my kids to need it as well. There are also a bunch of skinny ass young chicks in their string bikinis. Now I won't tell you what I'm thinking about them.


The crazy eyed guy seriously belly flopped into that water. I'm starting to think this whole movie thing was not such a great idea. My kids are seeing and hearing things at this place that belong in a reality show.

It is breathtaking and the water is super cold. I do have to say I have enjoyed all the crazy people out at this hole. I know my youngest will be asking me lots of questions since I can see him taking all this in. Cole is oblivious to everything going on so I don't worry about him.

Cole also has NO fear as he takes a leap off this cliff. I think my heart took a leap when he jumped.
Since my cousin Sherry was in visiting she got to come along on this crazy ride. These people I live with just might be almost famous.

No comments: