Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last day of school is not that cool

Lets just say I couldn't sleep last night which made Cole's 8am party a little hard for me. Being a stay at home Mom means you can not miss these things even if you look like death warmed over. I was a little sad for many reasons. Cole has done great with this teacher and we are going to miss her. The biggest reason I'm sad is the year seemed to fly by, I feel like my kids are growing up way to fast.
Cole doesn't disappoint with his entertaining personality. As much fun as this party is I can't wait to get home so I can lay down for an hour before I go on my next adventure.

Cole had a great time in this class. Very hard to believe he will be heading to the forth grade. When we moved to Austin Blake was in the forth grade.
After I snooze for about an hour I head to the middle school to pick up Blake and his friends. I wait for almost an hour in the pick up line, No joke. I get the pleasure of driving home with four middle school kids who have nothing to say since they are busy text messaging. When we get home Blake and his friend decide to poke fun at me and do my yoga dvd. I don't know why they find this so funny but they are belly laughing through the whole thing. Maybe it's the guy in a speedo with his sausage hanging out. I have felt like crap since I did my yoga on Monday. I don't know if it's weather related or it's the fact that I have been releasing toxins in my body that have been building for 40 years. I think I was much happier eating cheeseburgers, drinking beer and soda.

After my fun with the middle schoolers I head back to school for Aidan's party. Aidan gets an award for being the best artist in his class.
Aidan had a great teacher and he got a little teary eyed when they said goodbye. Aidan is by far my most sensitive child when it comes to things like this. He does not like change so if he gets used to someone or something he likes it to be left alone.
After school we all head to a pool party. Now my octopus cake looks more like a venereal disease. The kids even ask me what it's supposed to be. Thank God it tasted delicious I saved a little face that way.
The day is kind of cold and overcast so we pretty much have the pool to ourselves.

He looks so damn happy about being out of school.

Another happy face! Just wait till they have their own kids, I bet they will not be smiling from ear to ear on the last day.
We finally get home and my neighbor hands them some carrots from his garden. This reminds me that while driving the other day Cole informed me that he has a hard time believing that a giant rabbit goes around dropping off baskets at Easter. As much as I would like to get credit for all the baskets over the years it makes me sad that he doesn't believe. It's all downhill from here for him. First you find out there's no bunny, then that there's no Santa, and worst of all you start to find out how a lot of people pretty much suck. Can you tell I'm in a foul mood because it's the last day of school. After he tells me he no longer believes in the Bunny I ask him about Santa. He tells me of course he believes in Santa. I ask why Santa and not the Bunny. He tells me because of the picture I got of Santa standing in our family room over his toys. I now have to say that overpriced photo shopped picture from Capture the Magic was well worth the money. While at home I tell the kids that they are going to spend the next month in their swim suites because my ass is going to be to worn out to do their laundry. I love to tease them about these kind of things, they are so damn gullible. Blake is overnight at a friends house tonight but if he was here I would be kicking his ass again. Cole told me that Blake told him that I do not have secret cameras all over the house. Now these secret cameras come in handy all the time for me. I tell Cole Blake is a liar. Cole asks me to see these secret cameras. I tell Cole they wouldn't be secret if I showed him. Even though this is a train I knew I was riding way to long I hate that the secret is out. This is just going to make for an even longer summer. Damn I almost wish I liked vodka because I would have a huge vodka tonic to drown my sorrows right now. It's going to be an interesting summer with these people I live with.

No comments: