Friday, June 4, 2010

Dear God, give me strength

Last night we went to the pond to visit Mr. and Mrs. grumpy goose. We brought bread to feed them and Cole is trying to wave it in front of them so they will be nice. These two think they own the pond and I'm not talking about Cole and Aidan. These damn geese bitch at people walking by. They are crapping all over the place. They will chase you and have even grabbed Blake's friend by the ass one time. I don't know why the boys like to go feed them, they are most annoying to me.


Notice Cole is ready to run since you never know what your going to get with these guys. They kind of remind me of some people I know.



They look cute in this picture but they are actually bitching at us here. Jerks, we brought you dinner you could at least be nice for 5 minutes and make my kids happy.


While feeding the geese we run into this sucker. Yes it is a water moccasin way to close for comfort. These guys are very aggressive and fast. I heard that you need to get a child to the hospital within an hour of a bite. Of course we are running around barefoot out here.



Here are those damn geese stopping traffic in the hood.


The boys are giving the last of the bread to the fish while I'm scanning the area for water moccasins.

The sunset is so beautiful it almost looks like the sky is on fire. When we get back to the house hubby is in the kitchen desperately looking for a peeler. He asks me where it is. My first instinct is to say the same place it has been for the last three years. The longer I'm married the more I realize the key to a happy marriage is to bite your tongue 90% of the time though I'm still working on this. Sometimes it is just to hard to resist. I do tell him where he can find it but of course I'm rolling my eyes when he turns around.


Day 1 of summer vacation. I'm woken up to a fight about a beach ball. I refuse to be a ref all summer so get out of my room and work it out. I start to fall back asleep when Aidan comes in because he burned his waffle. Damn, all I want is thirty more minutes but I get up to make breakfast. It is 10 O'clock now and I have counted five fights. We have only been up for an hour! I'm thinking to myself God, give me strength. Cole breaks a pair of his sunglasses and when he is asked why he tells me they were his and he could do what he wants with them. I look at him like he is crazy and tell him but I paid for them! I then tell him I will not buy him anything anymore if he can't take care of things. I think I'm going to start a tab for these guys it will have a list of all the stuff they mess up with a price next to it. I'm also going to make a list of all the fighting and craziness I have to stop and it's going to have a price for all the therapy I need. My friend calls and it never fails when I'm on the phone one of them makes me look stupid. Aidan was following me around complaining about a dvd not working right. He had no regard to the fact that I was on the phone! Who raised these guys???????? Finally at noon hubby takes Cole and Aidan to the lake. Blake calls to be picked up from a friends house he spent the night at. I pick him up and tell him we are running to the grocery store. On the way he is telling me he pulled an all nighter. They were poking holes in coke cans and shot gunning them. Boy I'm in big trouble in HS with this one. We get to the store and I buy him some chicken wings from the deli so he can eat lunch while I shop. He asks me if he could get a red bull!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me kid have you lost your mind????? I'm still having a hard time getting the image of him shot gunning soda all night. We get in the car to go home, while driving I realize I didn't turn in the ticket for the chicken. I stole the chicken!!!!!!!!! I hate this because I'm to lazy to go back but I fear karma like a crazy women. I try to reason with myself I do give that store almost 300 dollars every week. I will just pay next time I go. The little guys get home from the lake and they are starving. All my kids love those cheap ass noodle bowls so I put one in the microwave for Aidan. I'm in the living room and I'm telling Aidan not to get the noodles out of the microwave since he is clumsy. As the words are coming out of my mouth I hear a huge bang. I go to the microwave and there are noodles everywhere. Aidan has the nerve to tell me he didn't touch them. This makes me more mad than the spill. I guess the noodles just flew there ass out of the microwave all over the floor all by them self. I look at him and ask him if he really thinks I'm that stupid.

I make Aidan help with the noodle cleanup while I add the cost of the noodles to their tab!


Cole and me go for a sunset walk with our dog. I want to go down this path that kind of goes through some woods. He tells me we can't go on that path because that is where the beast lives. Beast what beast are you talking about????? The beast that lives in the woods and eats children he tells me. Let me guess your bother Blake the giant liar told you this. He tells me yes and Blake and his friends even sit on the rock in front of the beast house and try to kill it so he won't hurt anymore children. He's lying to you Cole, there is no such thing as a beast. Cole doesn't believe me, he believes his nasty lying brother. So we argue all through the woods about the beast. Finally I convince him that there is no beast. I need to come up with something good to scare the shit out of Blake.


It starts to get dark and we are still in the woods. Now as you can see the little white glowing eyes in the picture above, these are deer in the woods. It crosses my mind to yell BEAST RUN!!!!!!! That would be way to ugly so I stop myself as fun as it would be. The glowing eyes were a little creepy. Day 1 with these people I live with and I'm ready for a cocktail.

1 comment:

Dr. laura whipple said...

This is so freakin funny.