Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chicago bound

Well kinda wishing this was the way we were rolling to Chicago. Not so much that would be our neighbors! Just can't seem to keep up with the Jones!

Cole, Aidan, and two of their friends have a lemonade stand by the pool. They want to raise money for the one eyed dog on TV. Can you just hear the Sarah McLaughlin song as I'm saying this??? I go to check up on them and Aidan is the only one working it! Sucks to be the little guy. The other three are off in the pool.

Packing sucks. I hate packing, I wish I could clone myself for this kind of crap.


I can't wait till they can pack themselves. I think I may have an abercrombie obsession!

We go to HEB before the trip to pick up all our favorite sauces to cook with.

The night before we go there is a benefit for our friend Chris. He needs a kidney transplant! Organ donation is something that is real and we all have the power to help.
This is Chris he is the brother of our best friend Kevin who passed away unexpectedly right before we moved to Austin. Kevin's family decided to donate his organ's after he passed. Who knew at the time that their other son would need an organ. Like I said this is important. Great family if anything please pray for them and think about organ donation!

Julie who is their cousin was one of the people who was in charge of the event. They had a fun silent auction, good food, and a raffle. I think Cole has always had a little crush on Julie.
SCARY!!!!! I swear I raise these kids right!

Here are Kevin's parents, they are amazing people. They had three boys just like me. All they want is for Chris to get a kidney. They can't imagine losing another son.

Kyle is Kevin's son. I meet him when he was in 5th grade. I can't believe how fast times go when I look at how grown up he is. My boys love him. When we lived in Frisco he lived across the street from us. He was at many family dinners and holidays with us. Seeing him makes me miss our time in Frisco.
Kids have so much fun with Kyle and his friend. Hubby goes to pick up my Dad from the airport while were here. My Dad is going on a 19 hour drive with us to Chicago in the morning. I love my Dad, I think it is great that he is willing to fly here and drive us to Chicago! Three boys and a dog is a lot of stress for 19 hours in a car. Stay tuned to this blog the drive was not uneventful. When I recover I will be posting our trip. Let's just say it was a trip!

No comments: