Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's going to be a long summer

I started my day by meeting Aidan's class for an outdoor picnic. All I have to say is it was hot, hot ,hot! After the picnic Blake came home early because of finals. My days of laying around watching mindless TV are over till further notice. I now have to put on my game face not to mention the referee uniform. Blake brought two girls home with him to hang out with. As nice as it was to have a few girls hanging around the house this is something that's going to take some getting used to. I needed to run to the grocery store and Blake tells me the girls and him will just hang at the house while I go. I politely ask him to come into the other room so I can talk to him. I bring him in my bedroom and ask him if he has lost his mind???? What's the big deal is his answer. This is when I picture myself ringing his little neck in my head. I tell him I'm not letting you and two girls stay here while I go to the store. He then asks me WHY don't you trust me. I tell him yes I do trust you but I don't trust those two girls who look like they are five years older than you. Now I really didn't say that but I did tell him I didn't think the girls parents wouldn't like it if I left them home alone. So off to the HEB we all went. It cracks me up because all the way there and all the way home not one of the three of them made a peep. They all text messaged people the whole time. What the heck is the point of hanging out if they have their nose in the phones the whole time???? I don't get this generation at all. I sound more an more like my parents and that scares the shit out of me.
I went to the store to get stuff to make this cute octopus cake for a last day of school party. While I'm making it I feel like a dog chasing my tail. I keep cleaning up the kitchen over and over. I was really happy that the cake popped out of the pan in tact. I love to cook and I am a good cook. As far as a baker I am not. I try like hell but things never turn out the way I see them in my head.

Well as you can see I messed this shit up bad! This is not what I had in mind at all. Kind of reminds me of an octopus that has been through a tidal wave. While I'm making this mess Cole takes a spoon full of batter. Blake is giving him the business. I tell Blake that he will be a parent some day and needs to save the parenting for his own kids and let me handle mine. He looks at me and says "maybe you should start parenting then". I'm am now looking at him like who the hell are you and where is the alien who sucked your brain out of your head??? We have hit the days of he thinks he knows it all! I'm going to have to brace myself the next few years for these stupid comments that are going to come from him.
Now this is what the pus was supposed to look like. I need to give up this fantasy that I am a baker. I'm just embarrassing myself at this point. Hubby leaves because he is supposed to go out an help with something on the softball fields. I go to the freezer and get my hidden Ben&Jerry's Phish food ice cream. Yes, I admit I hid food in this house, nothing is safe more than a day here. I'm enjoying my ice cream while Facebooking. In walks hubby and he starts laughing at me as he is saying "really" in his I just busted you tone of voice. Whatever he was doing got rained out. Can a girl get no peace with these people????
We are excited because the Black Hawks for doing so good this season. I take this picture to cheer my Dad up since we are all so down about Grandma.

Here is the reason hubby came home early! Storms.......now I'm upstairs getting clothes together for tomorrow when Aidan runs up in a panic and tells me we have to take cover because a tornado is coming. He is in tears because he is a huge worry wart like me. I tell him it's just a storm not a big deal. He tells me Blake told me there's a tornado and our house is going to blow down. Now damn it if I could find that alien who sucked Blake's brain out I would kick his ass right now. I put the news on so Aidan can see it's only a rain storm and calm him down. Then I tell Blake I'm not afraid to kick his ass so he better watch himself.

I have to laugh because Blake is complaining that while he had his so called girlfriends over Cole was telling them every embarrassing thing Blake has done since he was in kindergarten. I have a real hard time feeling sorry for him. I do take the high road and have a talk with Cole. I tell him we are a family and we protect each other, we don't throw each other under the bus. I'm later telling my sister Kelly about this and she feels bad for Blake. I laugh and call her out on this. Kelly used to tell my boyfriends that I sat in the mirror popping zits and that I farted on a regular basis. I remember how many times she throw me under the bus. She has NO room to talk!
Ziggy is a little stressed out over the storm so he spends his night under me hiding! This is not helping Aidan cope at all from the storm.
Here are the two fraidy cats.
So as I'm writing this post hubby says he is going to bed. All the sudden he comes out in his underwear and grabs the fly swatter. I look at him and ask what he is doing. He tells me there are three flies in the house and he does not want them to lay eggs on our food. I say why are they bothering you??? They are not in the bedroom. He tells me if they lay eggs on our food we will get maggots in our stomach and in turn we will get sick. I'm starting to think he may be worst than me as far as hypochondriacs go. It's going to be a long summer with these people I live with

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am in bed at 1 am laughing my ass off cuz you wrote that the flies will give you magnets in your stomach. That is so funny. Also, in 5th grade you're the one who told a boy who called the house that I couldn't come to the phone cuz I was steaming off my zits!!!!!!!!!