Thursday, June 10, 2010

Austin bats

My cousin Sherry and her son Brian came to Austin for a visit. So like a good tour guide I take them to do some fun Austin things. Monday night we went to Town Lake to see the famous bats.
It's always good people watching hanging out at Town Lake. This guy floated by in his blow up boat with his dog.
I do have to say it is beautiful being on Town Lake at sunset. The kids were really good I had no bad thoughts of throwing them in! The car ride was a little interesting but that's normal. They have started doing that annoying punch bug game. Who knew there were so many damn bugs in Austin.


What is with geese they seem to find us everywhere.


My cousin Sherry and me waiting patiently for the bats.

Look at this picture really closely do you see anything wrong?????? Yes he does have different shoes on. I don't know why but Aidan all the sudden wants to wear different shoes ALL THE TIME. I often wonder WHYYYYYYYY??????? I'm all for setting new trends but come on.


Well it's dusk and still no bats. We got here at about 7:45 it's now 9:15.

We have lived in Austin three years now. This is our fourth time waiting to see bats that never show. We give up at ten O'clock and head home.

So today as I ran behind these little human tornadoes I live with. We are only into a week of summer vacation and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I have a few plans, one being I'm going to pick up every drink they leave half drunk and save it. At the end of the day I'm going to put all the drinks together in a pitcher. When they wake up the next day they will not be able to drink anything till they each have a glass of the leftover drinks. See I sound evil and it's only been a week. The problem is they never stop or slow down for a minute. I have heard "MOM" about 500 times today. I have broke up a few fights. I have cleaned up behind them. I have had to tell them how to spell stuff so they can look stuff up on the computer. I almost want to tell them that a beast will come out of the computer screen if they are on it to much. I have listened to them run, scream, and bounce off the walls. I want to SCREAM. They are in my face from the time I wake up till the time I go to sleep. There is NO Mommy free time at all anymore. Do you think I would get in trouble if I duct taped these people I live with mouth's shut for just a bit???

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think your idea about the drinks is pretty brilliant. Obviously you shouldn't make them drink it but it's a good way to show them how much they're wasting. Also, I don't believe that any bats actually live under that bridge...