Sunday, April 4, 2010

Good Friday

I let Blake have a couple of boys spend the night on Thursday since there is no school on Friday. This is about what they did all night! I did find a bunch of sodas and chip bags in the morning. I am lucky, Blake has a good group of friends he hangs with, even if they all eat me out of house and home! I'm kinda wishing Obama would approve a relief fund for Mom's who are "the house". Maybe he could right off all those grocery bills for chips and sodas.

We all have breakfast tacos on Friday morning from a fabulous taco kart.


The night before Cole, Aidan, the girls next door and me make some Easter themed cupcakes. We had fun dying the frosting Easter colors. These cupcakes are delicious, I got the recipe from my friend Sharri. They are somewhat homemade, though you use a mix there are a few secret ingredient's. The frosting is totally homemade.

This is a picture of my garbage, and yes those are my delicious cupcakes in the trash. Someone has eaten the tops off and thrown away the bottoms! This to tell you the truth pissed me off. I worked hard on these suckers. I start to question the kids. I get to Cole who is scared to death that I have secret cameras all over the house and he is swearing up and down its not him. He tells me please Mom look at those cameras......I really love your cupcakes and I wouldn't do that. I question Aidan as well who also thinks there are secret cameras everywhere. He says it was not him I believe him since he is the one who always talks me into making them. He by far enjoys these the most. I question Hubby and he gets this shit eaten grin on his face. I say......What the hell you did this???????? He says "hey don't you remember that Seinfeld episode about muffin tops?" YES, I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I tell him don't eat my cupcakes unless you eat the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kinda cleaning up the house before I go out for the day. I come across this little "A" caved into Cole's bookcase. Once again I have to investigate who the culprit is. This one is pretty easy since theres only one dumb ass in the house who's name starts with "A"! So I go right to Aidan to ask him why the hell he would scratch his name in a piece of furniture. He tries to lie at first. I tell him I already watched him doing this on the "secret cameras".........then I ask him if he would like to watch the tape with me. He folds immediately...I love that I have brainwashed him into believing there are secret cameras all over the house. I'm going to run with this run away train as long as I can. This is a time when I think "white lies" are a OK. I have to take the beloved I-pod away from him to teach him a lesson.


My friend Sharri comes to town from Chicago. We go the the "cathedral of junk". This is a house in Austin where this person has been building these incredible forts of junk in his yard. It is unbelievable it was so worth going to see. The sad thing is the city of Austin is trying to shut it down. This person has unbelievable talent. I have never seen anything like this. I hope this person can continue this, it's a great place to go take pictures.

You can walk through and climb up all this junk. You see things in this junk yard that brings you back in time. You recognize things. there are dolls, bikes, skies, toilets, skateboards, so many things you can't imagine! It is a wonderland of junk! I would have loved to meet the person responsible. I wonder what their like and what started this madness of junk.

Aidan who I had to talk into going had a great time. He ran around yelling for Sharri and me to show us different stuff.

Here is the thrown of junk, we all take a picture in it! My friend sharri was so funny she said lets act like we own the place.


To many things to write about. If you live in Austin its worth going to see.

Here is Aidan on one of the many toilets there acting like he is taking a doo doo. He gets a big kick out of this.


We head down to Wimberly Tx to do some shopping and eating. We stop at our favorite baby store. The boys who are crazy about their cousin Ella want to pick out a gift for her. I think this is so cute so I agree. What they want to get is not exactly what I have in mind. I try to persuade them into something nicer, but they have their own thing in mind. I cave because I see how proud they are of what they have picked. So I guess my sister Kelly will just have to figure out a way to use these not as cute as they could have been headbands in Ella's wardrobe. It's the thought that counts.

Here is Sharri and me acting like kids at a great toy store in Wimberly. I think this may be out new FB profile picture since we are both FB whores.


Here are the boys in their favorite tree in Wimberly. Everytime we go here they have to see this tree that is probably 300 years old!

We head back to house for a cap off with "Stella"! What a great day, I'm so glad I got to spend the day with Sharri. Let me just say it was nice to have another girl hanging with these people I live with.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I also made cupcakes for Easter, how weird is that? Yours look delicious. Michael totally sucks for doing that and I would kill him. Though mom said Joey got up in the middle of the night and ate all three cupcakes that she took from Mo's house.

Why did Aidan carve the A in Cole's bookcase? Why not his own? I can't wait to go to the cathedral of junk when I come!