Saturday, April 10, 2010

Founders day weekend

Off to Founders day in Dripping Springs Tx. As much as it is fun it is also the equivalent of wiping your ass with a hundred dollar bill. Overpriced everything! The greatest thing is you can bring a cooler of your own drinks, your lawn chairs, and set up shop for the day. Whats nice about this little small town festival is the all the kids friends are there they have a great time running around the place. As parents you can let them go and not worry about them.

Aidan did not want to ride to rides this year. He is an over thinker like me so I'm thinking he got a look at the guys running the rides and said no thanks. He decides to get his face painted instead.

There is always a fantastic parade to kick off the start of Founders Day weekend. We set up with our lawn chairs and cooler of cold beer of course. You always have to pack extra because there are always a few slackers who forget to stock a cooler.

The people on the floats always throw candy at the kids which is a parade highlight for them. I think the parade highlight for the people on the floats is they get to chuck candy at peoples heads. I may have to get myself on one of those floats next year.....sounds like great therapy.


There are always beautiful horses in the parade. I always feel sorry for the guy that walks behind them picking up horse shit.


This is always my favorite float "Trophy Wives". They are have a great theme this year they dressed up like rock stars and jammed out.

Another great float this year was the local dentist that dressed up as the tooth fairy. You might be a redneck if.............Just kidding! As funny as this is for the adults, think of the poor children! This is now the image this man has burned into their brains about what the tooth fairy looks like! How much you want to bet there are a few Dripping Springs kids who will pass on that dollar in hopes that is guy isn't standing over their beds!



You might be a redneck if.........................fill in your own for this one!


These women rode in on their Donkey carriages. Well I can say alot about this but I will hold back!

Here is Cole on the football team float! Kinda reminds me of "Wheres Waldo?". Where is Waldo?



More Dripping Springs horses.


I wonder what you have to do to be the people chosen to start the parade.



Here is Blake with his girlfriend. He bought her that shirt for her birthday. The last couple times I have seen her she has had this shirt on. I hope she's not going through that stage of "I will never take this shirt off". Well I do hope she's in the stage of "I will never take this shirt off", you know where I was really going with that! I have been in that stage in my lifetime and I never want to revisit it even in my mind.

Blake and his friend waiting for the parade to start.


This is just a picture of Aidan I took that I thought was beautiful, I just added it for your viewing pleasure.


My cousin Kraig and his girlfriend Lauren come to Austin for a visit. Laurens sister only lives 30 minutes away from me so it works out well.


We all go to lunch and of course Kraig wants some good ol Texas barbecue. We head to the http://www.countylinebarbecue.com/ great place that backs up to lake Austin.



I caught the little guys in my closet trying on their Dads ties! So cute they like to do this often and they both have their favorite ones. It's really cute how they look up to their Dad and want to be like him. Cole has been known to try my stuff on as well though!


Here is Cole looking for his favorite tie. Cole asked me today if the "G" word is a bad word. I'm thinking the "G" word as in G damn! I say where did you hear this "G" word????? He tells me Blake was saying it. This makes me mad right away. I know middle school kids probably cuss from time to time but this is the cuss that Blake knows I have zero tolerance for. I ask Cole what the situation was and why Blake would have said this. He says they were watching a commercial and Blake was changing the jingle. I'm kinda lost now! What commercial I ask him. The one with the "Green Giant" he tells me. I give him permission to tell me what the "G" word is. He tells me "Ginia". Now he doesn't know what Blake means by "Ginia", but I sure do. As much as I'm laughing my ass off on the inside, I'm trying to keep a straight face. I'm so glad that Blake did not use the Lords name in vein but damn I so don't want to have a conversation with a nine year old about what a vaginia is! I bite the bullet and tell him its where a girl goes to the bathroom from. He starts to giggle.....this same kid came around the corner a few months ago as I was getting out of the shower and asked my where my penis was. I like that things kinda go over his head, I would like to keep it that way as long as I can. Anyway always interesting with these people I live with.

No comments: