Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunday, fun day

Sunday we are of course we are dragging ass. We are trying to find something fun to do as a family. We google many things to do in the Austin area. It is yet another crappy day on my sisters visit here. We ask the kids if they want to go on a wildlife ride in Johnson City or go to the children's museum in Austin. Surprising as it may seem they decide on the museum. Blake has other plans which seems to be par for the course these days. He is headed to San Antonio for a Christian music fest with his youth group. How could I say no to that.
We head downtown and stop for some lunch. We have a super healthy lunch with things like cheese fries and cheese burgers. Eating healthy is on my list of things that I can never seem to tackle. I have many things on that list that I can't seem to tackle but I won't bore you with the details. I have been suffering from a bit of guilt's lately since I can't seem to tackle this list. I need to cut myself off from Dr Oz for a while. Ignorance is bliss and the Dr. has given me way to much information.

We are eating on the outside patio. This poor homeless guy keeps passing by the restaurant. He stops to eat out of the garbage which is not to appetizing while munching on a cheeseburger. My sister tells me to snap a picture of him. I'm sure the people around us were thinking I am a total Jack Ass. I do hope this guy gets back on his feet soon. I can't imagine having no where to go and nothing to eat. I have a soft stop for these people and it drives hubby crazy.
Michael and Ella have become pretty good buddies on this trip. I knew he always wanted a girl! I would have loved to see him raise a girl, especially when we got to the HS years.

The boys love to do things for Ella. Cole was so cute giving her some water. She started to spit some out and he was trying to catch it in his hands. They love having her around. We really wish we all lived closer to each other. Universe are you listening??????

Here we are at the childrens museum. Cole wants me to put a hat on and play with him!
It's days like today that I'm so thankful to have these guys! They had such a great time at this place.
Yes, that is Kelly once again breastfeeding that baby that's probably biting her boob since she has teeth! She starts out in here which is a party room at the museum. The staff comes in to kick us out since they have a party about to come in. They lead us to their office so she can finish. We are in there noticing all the purses laying around. I guess we don't look like thieves. The funny thing is, when we walked in we were waiting at the counter forever so we walked away. We started to walk around the place checking things out. Kelly and I were talking about how we could really get away with not paying the forty dollars to get in. I start to stress about that damn Karma shit and I go to the counter and tell them we didn't pay yet. Maybe I will be rewarded with winning the TX lotto or mega millions this week!
This kid can be so sweet. We watched the Blind side Friday night. Kelly and me kept making reference to him being lucky and to think of all the Michael Orr people out there who had it rough. Earlier in the day he tells me I could be like Michael Orr's Mom. Now he did not mean the hot, rich, super sweet, Sandra Bullock. He meant the crack addict Mom who got her children taken away! Like I have said before this kid better get a damn good job since he is going to owe me for emotional damages.
This one is lucky he is so cute otherwise I might have already sold him to the highest bidder.
Bet you can't guess what this is! Most kids would have put their hands or their feet on this color changing board. Not my kid he put his ass on it, the scarier thing is how proud he looks of it.

Ella has a great time in the toddler area of the place. I was really proud of my sister when this kid was chewing on a mouth full of dirt from God knows where and she didn't freak! She has really come a long way. Buzz if you read this blog please consider moving to Austin, Ella loves it here!
Kelly my sister and Michael my hubby love Amy's ice cream. We stop here, I get a shake and guess what hubby, Cole, and Ella drink half before I get a sip. Yes, they had their own ice cream besides Ella that is. We head to the cathedral of junk after this. Kelly had mentioned this a few times so I want to take her there. Unfortunately the city of Austin has shut him down so we admire from afar. While we are at the gate looking in the owner opens the door to his house and a God awful smell is coming from there! My sister who is an avid animal lover is still trying to get over the size of the tumor on his dogs belly. Me on the other hand is thinking I may be right about if you end up in the house you may end up in the junk never to be found. Always interesting with these people I live with, and lately these people that visit!

No comments: