Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Butterfly fest, Wimberly, TX

It is Saturday morning and thank you God it is raining. This means the 8:00 am Soccer game is canceled. Wooo Hoooo, got to sleep in. We all get up around 9:30. We are now praying for the rain to go away. Cole's class is supposed to release butterflies at the Wimberly butterfly fest.
Ella gets a little shower in the sink. She seems to not mind showering in the sink. She will love all these pictures her Mom and me have taken when she gets older.

The rain clears up and we head out to the butterfly fest. Once again Cole reaffirms for me that he is the class clown.
We buy the kids melons because the butterflies are attracted to them. Cole's face just cracks me up in this picture.This is what the Cavender clan would look like with a girl. Kinda wishing I would have tried one more time. But I guess everything happens for a reason. A fourth boy would have really sent me over the edge.
Blake has a giant growth on his face. Oh wait it's a butterfly. This butterfly kept landing on his face and his head. It was pretty funny.
Here is Cole with his teacher. She told me he is her happiest child. I almost choked. I told her I was going to send her a video of the real Cole. Glad he is so good at school.

Of course I have to buy my sweet niece a butterfly face painting.
I think she likes it.
Here are all the kids with their butterfly cheeks. Blake was too cool to get one. I don't blame him since he is in middle school.
Aidan does not like the butterfly on his cheek. He wipes it off within minutes of getting it.
Here is Cole rockin his butterfly cheek. Love that he has no problem with stuff like this.

Can't tell by this picture but the kids are complaining about not being able to buy something. They think every time we go to something like this they should get a prize. I have created these monsters and now I'm trying to break them of this awful habit. We have been a lot of places lately and I can't buy them something every time. I'm wishing now that I had raised my kids to only get stuff for birthdays or holidays. All you parents out there that have young ones, don't make this mistake. You will spend your life paying for it. It kind of puts a damper on a nice family outing when you end up with a couple whiners and complainers.
So my family let me walk around for the day with a big hole in my ass! Then they wanted to take a picture of it. I guess this is payback for some of the pictures I have taken of them over the years. I would love to say I was rockin this look but not so much!
This is our favorite baby store in Wimberly, TX. Ella has gotten a few things from here.
Texas bluebonnets, my sister actually asked me if these were pretty weeds.
Here is Ella rockin some build a bear sunglasses.
The boys had picked out these "not the cutest bows in the store" for Ella. They were so proud of their picks that I didn't have the heart to persuade them not to buy them. Sorry, Kelly and Ella. It is the thought that counts. A pretty good day with these people I live with today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those bows are VERY popular in St. Charles! Some stay at home mommies have a good home based business making them and selling them at school fairs.