Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rainy day here in Austin

Day two of Ella's Austin visit. I get the kids up and out the door for school. I go back to bed since my sister is a slug like me and likes to sleep in. My sweet niece seems to follow in our footsteps. Ella gets up around 9;30, perfect, I say. She seems to enjoy standing at the top of the stairs and yelling at the top of her lungs. Ziggy is guarding the top of the stairs because he is the best dog ever. In her two days here I have seem her take a poop at a restaurant and grunt away like nobodys business, Fart while she's crawling around, and burp out loud! How freeing to be a baby and not give a shit what people think. Who has brain washed us that this behaviour is rude and embarrassing? Once again I say "ignorance is bliss".
Alittle nap shortly after she wakes up for the day. To bad we don't know how good we have it as babies. After her nap I take her up to the boys school to meet them for lunch. Cole's lunch is first and the kids are swarming her like a pack of bees. Cole is telling them to back off because their hands are not clean. This is my sisters doing, she has brainwashed Cole about having clean hands since Ella was born. Cole's teacher walks up to see the baby, while shes there she tells me she thinks she has an idea of how Cole got yet another huge hole in his pants the day before. Cole looks at her and says "Do you have secret cameras too?". She looks at me and laughs because he just busted me for brainwashing him. After Cole's lunch Aidan class comes in. Aidan is so excited to show off his cousin to his friends. By this time I have had all the fun I can take at the germ infested school so a make an excuse to escape. I tell Aidan Ella has to eat so we can only stay 5 more minutes. he then says in front of his friends "Oh she needs to breast feed". Great, I hope no one went home and asked their parents what breast feeding was.

When the kids get home from school they are so excited to play with Ella. Cole loves to crawl around the floor with her. He is so cute and sweet with her.
We leave Cole for a few minutes to babysit to find this. He is doing his homework with her pretty much hanging over the edge of the chair. One squirm and shes toast. Alittle while later I tell Cole to watch her again. Kelly comes out and says where is Ella. I tell her Cole has her in the garage. She's like you left him alone with her. I tell her yeah she's fine Cole is good with her. I open the garage door only to have to eat my words, which I hate to do. Cole says "Ella got just alittle wet". Alittle wet is an understatement, she is soaked. Of course Kelly is giggling in the back round. He put her down so she could watch him shoot baskets and its been raining all day here. So needless to say her hands are full of droppings from the tree and her pants are soaked from the knees down.
We head to mall since its a rainy day in Austin. Kelly is getting the boys a belated birthday gift. I told her to wait instead of sending them something, they will remember it more if shes here.
The boys decide they want a build a bear. They pick longhorn stuffed animals. We get a super happy sales guy to help us stuff these longhorns. He asks the kids do you want your longhorn hard, squishy, or soft. I have to laugh at this because I have one sick mind.

Here is Cole giving his brand new Bevo longhorn a bath. I have to admit he does look happy even though this store is a total money pit.
Once you bath your new overpriced stuffed animal, you get to pick an overpriced outfit to dress them up in. Kelly suggest Aidan dress his as a mermaid.
So proud of these new overpriced stuffed animals! Gotta love Aunt Kelly for buying these! Doesn't look that bad when they walk in and pick out a twenty two dollar animal. What you forget is that these suckers have an array of clothes, shoes, an accessories to pick from.

Here they are at the dressing station. What cracks me up is Cole picks a Dallas Cowboys uniform to dress his Longhorn in. Aidan picks a San Antonio spurs uniform for his Longhorn. Once again "ignorance is bliss". Any Texas Longhorn fan knows this is just wrong, especially since they have every Longhorn sports uniform to pick from here. When were just about done dressing the overpriced animal the salesgirl comes up and throws shoes down in front of these kids. This is double trouble since these suckers would need four shoes each instead of two. That means another $20 per animal. My sister politely tells the girl to buzz off!

While in here I have to laugh. I notice Kelly is doing the same thing I do! She is talking to Cole and trying to reason with him about picking the outfit she thinks is better suited for the animal. It's funny we want our children to grow up making some of their own decisions at times like these, but we can't help but put our two cents in. We need to just let them pick the outfit they want, we make to many other bad decisions for them through their life. I love my Sister and I'm not slamming her and any way since I find myself doing this same thing almost always! I can't tell you how many times I have said "what about this".
Aidan teaches Kelly the longhorn sign. He is very happy with his super overpriced build a bear.
Here is Aidan and me at the final station where you name this sucker and give it a birth certificate. He names him Bevo Longhorn, big surprise. Cole names his Longhorn Bevo which is kinda funny and cute since they did not discuss names with each other.
Cole wants sunglasses for this guy. Since Kelly already pretty much wiped her ass with a hundred dollar bill I say I will get them. Kelly pulls me aside and says 'hey they just got a 50 dollar animal each, don't buy them anything else". I agree so I take the kids aside to try to reason with them. Cole is upset and trying to hold me to my word. I don't budge since my sister called my a sucker I refuse to cave.
Aidan is happy as a clam and takes a picture with his new friend. This is the third of my boys, he has thanked me for "hangers", when I bought him clothes before.

Here he is posing with Kelly who sprung for the overpriced animal. Cole won't pose because he is pouting about those glasses. This is most embarrassing to me even though its my sister. I can't believe he just got this overpriced animal and is not happy because the damn thing doesn't have glasses. This is typical of my parenting gone bad. I did this and because I have been a huge sucker I'm paying for it. Note to all you young parents out there, try not to create these immediate gratification children! They will show their ass eventually and its not at all pretty.
As much shit as Kelly talked she's the one who gave in. She went in the store and switched out the animals underwear for the glasses. Once again we are raising kids who what immediate gratification. I'm fully saying sorry to the future wife now! I F'ed up.
We go in the super fun "forever 21 store", now wouldn't that be nice! Wouldn't it be nice if we could be 21 for about ten years but know what we know when we are forty! Think about that. I won't even blog about what I would do. Wow, my mind is going bad places. Anyway off that super fantasy. We end up trying on really fun headbands and taking pictures. Here is Ella in her super cute headband.
They had about 20 of these headbands on my head. I'm wondering do young people really go out looking like Micky Mouse and pick up dudes? I think Kelly could go out and rock the house in her look but my headband is alittle much.

Love the fact that for one this kid is rockin a pink shirt, and has no problem posing with some bling!
Kelly looks fantastic! Cole I think he should have picked another band. He too looks alittle Disney.
Look at Aidan checking out the bling! At this point I'm just waiting to get kicked out for taking pictures. Kelly and me got asked to stop taking pictures in a store in Woodfield last summer.
You would have to be really cute to pull off the peacock headband! That or the guy would have to have some serious beer goggles on.

Kelly has a sweet tooth so we top off the night with some cookies. No wonder the kids love when Aunt Kelly comes to town. Anyway a rainy day turned into a sometimes fabulous day with these people I live with and the ones who are just visiting.

No comments: