Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Young Love

Since Blake has started middle school he has had two girlfriends. I have had to bite my tongue many times when he is telling me he is going to marry them. The first one broke his heart, I had to then explain to him that this will not be the last time that happens. I tried to tell him to just hang out with the guys and be a kid. There would be plenty of time for dating in HS and College. Of course he didn't listen, he had a new girlfriend in a matter of weeks. Last week he told me he wanted to break up with her. I told him to just let it die out, it's not like they go anywhere together. I knew this girl liked him a lot because I spy like a crazy helicopter Mom. I check his FB and text messages about every other day. I know girls are very dramatic at this age and they take stuff like this way to serious. I don't want my boy to be responsible for any damaged girls that bring their breakup heartbreaks to their adult years. This is why I prefer him not to date until he is mature enough. I find out that he had his friend call her to do his dirty work. I get really mad at him and tell him if he doesn't have the guts to break up with her in person he has no business dating anyone. I hate all this text message and FB bullshit when it comes to this kinda stuff. After Blake goes to bed hubby and I get into an argument about the whole thing. He tells me I need to stay out of it. He says if I get involved in all this crap I'm going to spend the rest of my life knee deep in it since we have three boys. I disagree 100 percent, I'm not really getting involved, I'm trying to guide him into to being a respectful young man. I'm friends with her against my better judgment on FB. I pull her up and she has defriended me. I go to Blake's FB and pull her up they are still friends. I pull up her page where it says she is now single. I of course check out what everyone is saying about her being single and there is 28 messages about what a piece of shit my son is! My motherly instinct kicks in where I want to slam everyone of these kids. I talk myself off the ledge and I let it be. I hate this FB thing at their age for this kinda crap in general. Hubby may be right, I need to step back other wise this kinda crap might drive me nuts the next next several years!



This is me happy as a clam today! I finally did what I have been saying for months. I got the kids to school went back to bed for a short time and did yogo. I got to tell you things in my body cracked like I was 80 years old. At first I wanted to give up but at the end of the one hour yogo session I felt great! I had this energy that I have not had in a while. I hope I can keep it up. I have had this yoga dvd for about four years and used it twice. This time I want to really try to do it five days a week. I can tell tomorrow might be out because I already feel the aches and pains of not working out for so long. After yoga I went to the store and bought a lot a groceries. The kids got home and I cleaned out the garage which was one of the many things on my shit list. We ate dinner and went on a one hour walk. I ate nothing but fruits, vegetables, nut, and flax seeds today. I'm on my way! These people I live with aren't lookin to bad today!

No comments: