Tuesday, January 1, 2013

So it's New Years! cheers


So It's New Years Eve...well really New Years now. We went out and party hopped and rocked it out here in Drip. Well...not really. I drove the not so charming prince, his girlfriend, and his friend to a party. Then I went home and waited and waited and waited....for it to be after midnight to pick his friend and him up at that party. I think it's the first time in a very long time I was not out celebrating New Years. To the tune of half my life. Damn it, time to grow up and be responsible. They had a blast. They were both very thankful to me about taking them and picking them up. They have been friends since we moved here. I laughed when I dropped them off at Blake's friends house. Thinking when they met they were babies in my eyes. Now they were talking about how the rung in the New Year with their girls. My how time flies. By the way, those girls are lucky to have such nice boys. Do you hear my MaMa bear growl??? I had a hard time seeing on the way home since it was very foggy out. They happened to be at a party in a far, far, away land. I had this strange fear about driving even though I was sober as could be. I thought what if this is the first New Years Eve that I'm sober and I get hit by a drunk. Now I'm not saying in New Years Eve past that I was out drunk driving all over. Hub's and I were always within walking distance at New Years parties. So we came home walking as if we were bumper cars. Who's judging??? Oh yes, everyone.

I feel bad because we really didn't do anything special with the other two. I should have had kiddie cocktails and a dance party. Been there done all that before it is never as fulfilling as you picture before you have kids.  Overrated comes to mind...I guess I'm just being ugly because we have always had or been at a party. Aidan...aka..pig pen was sick anyway. I feel bad because I thought he was faking the other day and gave him a hard time. Cole..aka...drama played Xbox all night and begged me to get him a red bull because it was New Years.  I said..."Why in my right sober  mind would I give you something that is the equivalent to eight cups of coffee according to DR. OZ".  You are high on life with a water for Gods sake. I really don't care to see the Drama King on red bull. At one point Aidan's fever broke. With that fights broke out between him and Cole. Happy frickin New year! At another point Aidan and I were talking about Ziggy our perfect family member howling the other night. He woke all of us up from a dead sleep with his howling. When I woke up I ran out to see what was going on. I found Ziggy on the sofa with his head in the air howling over and over. I wondered what the hell he was howling at. He is eight and had only done this about four times. So I say.."Aidan lets try to make him howl again". Aidan is like "how do we do that"? I say "lets get down with him and howl". So we get on the floor and we both start howling at the top of our lungs. Ziggy is just getting nervous and pacing around us. Hubs is yelling at us to stop saying we are annoying as hell. We could not get the dog to howl. Fun times on New Years Eve.

After I get home I "Google" why dogs howl. The first thing I get says they howl because death is in the air or the grim reaper. This freaks me out a bit. Especially since he never howls. I start to recall the other times he howled wondering if it was a time when someone died. I wonder is he trying to warn us of something bad to come....I hope like hell the grim reaper isn't coming for any of us. Then I click on the next "google site. It says dogs howl because it's in their coyote genes and it could mean their happy. I did walk out on patio tonight and heard the coyotes howling. At one point the coyotes sounded like drunk people laughing.  I like this dog is happy site better...for sure. Happy New Year bitches! I'm waking up without a hang over for the first time in a long time...Thank you to my not so charming prince.

No comments: