Tuesday, January 8, 2013

And then I woke up

So I just came back from the most relaxing vacation. The sights were amazing. I had the most amazing time. Sleeping in, massages daily, a little lunch, and then an afternoon on the beach. Hot young men fed me grapes, rubbed my feet, and refreshed my cocktails. Where were the kids???? I have no idea. Where was Hubs???? Reading the paper while watching ladies walk around on the nude beach. It was like I was in the movie Eat, Pray, Love, except I was Julia Roberts. I was in the land of no stress, no sounds of "Mommmmmm" haunted my world and no "It's not fairs" were heard through the land. We would have the most delicious dinners at night and then dance till the sun came up. My trip was filled with laughter and amazing sleep. I think someone shot some shit in my face that took away fine lines too. I came back refreshed and renewed. And then I woke up..........It's a nice thought right?

I came back to the life my mama swears I will miss. Hubs and I sat down the prince before school started back. We told him that his grades needed to come up. He got some good grades last semester and some very average grades, then there was the one that he barely got by with. We told him that average was not going to cut it. We told him we believed he was better than average. Told him that we don't live in an average house or have an average lifestyle. It takes hard work to have all the blessings we have. Truth be told we were both pretty average and it happened to work out alright for us. I would never tell him that though. Hubs did the typical "do you like the way you live???" thing. He of course said "Yes". Hubs then tells him how all these things he has are ours. His furniture, his TV, his Xbox, his phone, his clothes, and so on and so on. Tells him these are privileges that we provide him while he lives here.  Thinking back to my teen years I'm sure it is in one ear out the other. Hubs tries to tell him how important high school is. He stresses to him that he has a true talent for pole vaulting and that's about to start again. He tells him it is a rare thing to have such a talent for something that most people can't do. It comes natural to him which happens to be a huge blessing. I'm still trying to find out what comes natural to me and I'm 35! LOL! Shot gunning a beer and eating burgers is not what I'm waiting for.  Hub's then tells him he has three and a half years to get his shit together. Tells him college is not an option it's a requirement for him. Tells him if he doesn't do well and go to college he is out on his ass. I'm a mama bear who wants to say "You can live here as long as you need to". I know in my heart that's not what I should say. But I do mean that...in a way. Hubs tells him that if there are any issues this semester with grades his phone, his Xbox, and his social life is over. He also tells him no drivers ED and no truck when he can drive. I'm banking on there will always be a reason he can't drive. Him driving scares me! Hubs bought a used truck a few years ago when his company car got taken away due to budget cuts. He planned on giving it to the prince when he could drive. Hubs tells him he has no problem driving that truck forever if he doesn't get it straight. Do I think he heard us????? Not so much. He is a typical teenager. Do I hope he heard us???? Of course I do. Jeez I sound like one of those reality shows. Where their being interviewed but their asking and answering their own questions. Twisty will have a field day with this!

On to Cole. Remember Cole almost set the house on fire the other night. Our house seriously smells like a bar a smoking one. I have had a constant headache since then. I don't know if it's from Xmas break or the burnt noodle smell. Remember when my cheese fries went flying a few weeks back? It was because Hubs gave me a very hard time for calling the prince an idiot. Not my finest moment but he was acting like an idiot. Hubs schooled me about not calling him an idiot because I could change who he is supposed to be. Told me he was just trying to be my friend telling me how to parent. So Hubs comes home from work after the "noodle" incident. He is complaining to Cole about the smell. Then he calls him an idiot. I'm at the kitchen table. I stop what I'm doing and say.."What did you say?". Hubs looks at me complaining about the smell. I say..."No, What did you say?". He says nothing. I say.."Did you just call him an idiot????". Hubs knows where I'm going with this and walks away. I say"Not so fast". I ask again..."What did you say?". He says "Well he was acting like an idiot". I say "are you not changing who he is supposed to be by calling him that?". I tell him I'm trying to be his friend and help him to be a better parent". He says.."I get it Kerry". I say.."Exactly". Point made!

Cole called me into his room before bed tonight. He sits me down and tells me I used to be the "cool mom" but I'm now the "mean mom". I laugh and say "why am I the mean mom?". He says.."Cause you say "No" all the time". I say..Really??? what do I say no about???". I point out that I hosted many sleep overs and he went to many sleepover during break. Not to mention movies, motorcycle riding, jump street. and so on and so on. He says..."My friends and I think your mean cause you did not let all of us spend the night". I say.."multiple sleepovers are for birthdays". I tell him that I in fact think he is a mean kid. He says...."how am I a mean kid?". I say "cause you don't follow rules, you talk back, and you don't do everything your told". He has nothing to say...surprise, surprise. I only wish I wasn't grounded half my life and was able to have this many sleepovers. I tell him if he can be a perfect kid that does no wrong, never fights with his brothers, and never talks back then I will be the coolest mom ever. I tell him he can have as many kids and as many sleepovers as he wants. I'm confident that I will not eat these words! Do I think I'll eat these words????? Hell No! Do I think I'm a mean mom...not so much! Hello Kerry stop interviewing yourself on here as if your on a reality show!!!!!!! Shit TV has gone right to my brain. Do I think my kids are still awake???? Hell yes! Flopping like fish out of water. Do I think they will be tired as hell in the am???Hell yes! Do I see a happy dance when I drop them off????Hell yes! No proof reading here! It is a hot mess, as my life seems to be. Do I think my life is hot mess???? Hell yes!!! Do I think I"m on a reality show???? Maybe! Sorry for bad grammar, run ons, and miss spellings! It's me the good bad and evil!


No comments: