Monday, January 7, 2013

It's getting hot in here....So take off all your clothes

The kids go back to school in the am.....Can you hear my "woot woot "across the Drippin Springs skies? I did have a really great time with them...REALLY. But it's time to go back. I've been fighting metal pause bullshit the whole break. The other night I went to bed in Aidan's room. Hubs has been fighting mono and Aidan and Cole had passed out playing Xbox. I took advantage of an empty bed. It's really hard to sleep at all during mental pause. I feel I should say I know the name is "Menopause" but I feel "mental pause" is a better name. So I went to bed rubbing my mental pause belly bitching at it to go away. I was waking up every hour on the hour. HOT~ Singing in my head "It's getting hot in here". That song has taken on a whole new meaning since mental pause came a knocking! I seem to sleep more soundly in the late morning hours. It's a strange "Hot". Not the hot, hot. It's like you start to heat up from the inside out. Before you know it you are soaking wet, not the good wet. So I wake up wiping sweat from my body thinking I should be losing water weight with all this sweat. After you cool down you get clammy and then cold. It's so annoying.  At one point I got so hot I took off all my clothes. I laid there in my underwear. I put my hair up behind my head, I spread my legs and arms out. I was in the shape of a starfish. HOT~HOT~HOT!!!!! I was looking good! I must have fell asleep like that. I was woken up with a little hand on my arm. It was Aidan. So I woke up and thought Jimminy Crickets I can't believe my kid just saw this. He says.."Mom, I think my ear drum burst". I say "Hand me my clothes on the floor". I get dressed and get him an Advil. WAAAA, Waaaa, Waaaaa!

No comments: