Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lockout in our small town today

So today I got the kids to school. At least two of them. Aidan still had fever last night even though he seemed 100 percent better. Better safe than sorry. About 11am I saw that Dripping Springs schools were under lockout. There is a difference between lock down and lockout. Sad in this day that I know that. There was a guy with a gun close to our schools here. He was a robber but our schools went into lockout because of this. My oldest text me from school. He said he was scared and wanted me to get him. I was watching the updates and knew the guy was in jail already. I may have called him a drama queen not knowing the whole story yet. Note to self....be careful before you throw stones till you hear their side of the story. Now lockout means they lock the school doors to anyone coming or going. Lock down means there is someone in there that could cause harm. What I didn't know is some teachers got confused and had the students under the desk with the lights out. My son was one of them and I called him a drama queen. I felt really bad that I called him a drama queen. It's funny because when I heard about the guy with the gun I felt no fear. I remembered a story my late Grandma wrote about in her journal when her son was in trouble. She was on a plane while her 18 year old son was being killed by a drunk driver. She said an overwhelming emotion of depression came out of know where. She at the time chalked it up as flying over a place that people got depressed while flying over it. Can't remember the name it was something like dundrooms. I know I butchered that but you get what I throwing down. I think about that and I think a mother gets a feeling when something is wrong. I have gotten those feeling before and have been spot on. Thank the lord it was nothing compared to what she felt. What I'm trying to say is I felt in my heart that my babies were safe. Thank you God I was right.

So everyone one who reads this knows we are trying to build our dream home. It's going slower than I thought. We bought the land back in November. We have been in our rental since November. We gave everything to our builder back in November. We just now got our pricing and it is way over our budget. Damn you Pinterest! So tomorrow I have to sit down and take my pinteresting ideas off the house so I can send kids to college......damn you pinterest again. So Hubs and I get into a fight over it. He tells me I need to get a job. Now I had a damn good paying job in our earlier years. I happened to be the money winner when we started out. I have a job now. It's a big job. I get the kids up and out in the am. I may go back to sleep but it's because I have a crummy disease that I never use even though it effects me every day. I wake up and do laundry and get the house together, shop, and cook dinner. I pick three kids from three different schools. Three different schools that I got them to in the am. I feed them talk to them and get them to all their practices. I have given up everything so I could  give them the support they need to be the person they are supposed to be. It's a job. A job that you take seriously. I know all mothers out there that have to work are cussing me right now. I have to say I have no idea how you mothers that have to work do it. My hat is off to you 100 percent. But I do have a job, way bigger than any job could give me. It doesn't pay by the way....and I'm not eating bon bons! Being a stay at home mom I'm at everything. I volunteer for everything too.

I decided to put myself first for the first time n years and took a Zumba class. I crazy love it. So I'm looking for a damn job about now. I could do just about anything  now even though my resume sucks. I have been out of work for a good ten years. Which will put me in a poor paying job. But being a stay at home mom gives you way more experience. You can muti task, take on big jobs, find shit, get people where they need to be, break up stupid fights, cook dinner while doing homework, drive people around while breaking up fights, did I say muti task???? After raising kids I feel I could do just about anything unfortunately on a resume these things don't count. Even though years ago I could have gotten a big paying job. I really think it's bullshit that you give it  up  to raise kids and you can't get a decent paying job due to experience. Us moms have way more experience than a job could ever give us. We are worth the money! I really think being a mom should be a job on a resume. Btw, I miss my sweet niece in the picture. I know I butchered this as far as writing cause I'm tired from fighting. So sorry for bad writing, miss spellings, and bad grammar! Way too tired to proof read!

No comments: