Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'm just a Mom.......

So I was watching "Pink" behind the music the other day. I found that song "I'm just a girl" in my head the next few hours. She just sounds so angry and I love that!!!! I was singing "I'm just a Mom" to my kids though. They did not find it funny at all. I decided to sit down and re-write the song to fit.."I'm just your Mom". It's funny because in behind the music Pink is talking about how she hates all the copy cats that stole her song style. She doesn't have to worry about little 'Ol me...cause I'm just a mom...and no ones looking at me. No really sometimes I just like to blow a little steam by rewriting songs to make myself feel better.

                                              I'm Just your MOM

          Take these blinders off my eyes.....
                     Your so exposed......
          And it's no big surprise........
           Don't you think I do not know....
                Exactly where you stand....
           This is forcing me to hold your hand....
       CAUSE I'M JUST YOUR MOM, little "Ol me
         I won't let you out of my sight....
      I'M JUST YOUR MOM, all stressed and worn out.....
         So lets please stop the fights.......

       Oh, I've had it up to here....
        The moment I walk up those stairs....
        So many reasons you should run and hide...
        Can't you just do the things I hold dear.....
        Cause it these other things
             That I fear.....

       Cause I'M JUST YOUR MOM, right now I'd rather not be....
        Cause it feels like you skinned me alive....
        All damn day, I'M JUST YOUR MOM.....
       You look at me as if I'm just a freak......
          'Cause you all sit and stare.....
             As if I have ten eyes......

        I'M JUST YOUR MOM....
         Take a good look at me.....
         Just your typical prototype...

        Oh, I've had it up to here.....
        Oh, am I making myself clear????
         I'M JUST YOUR MOM....
      I'M JUST YOUR ONLY MOM IN THE WORLD....
      That's how it will be....
        I'M JUST YOUR MOM, living in captivity.....
        Your rule of thumb....
         Makes me worry some....

I'M JUST YOUR MOM, that's my destiny.....
What I've succumbed is making me numb....
I'M JUST YOU MOM, with no apologies....
What I've become is so burdensome.....
I'M JUST A MOM, lucky me...
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison......

OH.....I've had it up to......
Oh....I've had it up to.....
I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE!!!!!!!!

So I'm going to start a Mommy rock band and sing this to my teenager. Oh wait I can't sing....
This post was in no way to disrespect Pink
Cause I'm just a mom.....and she could totally kick my ass!!!!!!!!!! So I'm just an asshole since "No Doubt" sings this song!!!!!

No comments: