Sunday, September 16, 2012

Two weeks are you shitting me????

 So while I was at the spa Friday imagining myself much younger with no worries on a beach some where far, far, away. My phone rings. It's Hub's! Our house has been on the market since the end of June. He says...we are probably getting a cash offer but they want us out in two weeks. He hit me with this at the right moment for sure. I had just gotten done with a massage and facial. There was not much that could upset my relaxed state of mind at this point. I tell him if it's a full price offer I can do it! After a while reality kicks in and I start to think of all the crap that occupies my house, drawers, garage, attic, and closets. Then I think....TWO WEEKS ARE YOU SHITTING ME! So Sunday morning I wake up. Still no "cash" offer. I'm a little thankful. Maybe when Hub's told them for full price he scared them. Anyway Cole is asking me how to make microwave mac and cheese. I tell him to read the directions. He reads them in front of me. I believe he understands them since he read them out loud. I go about my business. I'm staying strong with making them do things that I know they can figure out. I'm in bedroom and I smell this awful smell. I walk out to the kitchen to see my microwave smoking. When I say smoking, smoke is pouring out of it. I run over and stop it. I open it up and start to choke. I call Cole in the kitchen. I ask.....Did you happen to remember the part that said put water into it????? He looks at me with the sweetest innocent face and says..."NO". I tell him to take a look at his mac and smell the house while your at it. Hours later I'm writing this and I can still smell this mess up. We are a huge work in progress here!
,
 After this we are going to go look at a few lots and one house that I have loved since we moved here. It happens to be on the market. Blake has two friends overnight. Aidan doesn't want to be bothered with going. Cole wants a say in what we buy so he wants to go. We tell Blake him and his friends can stay but they have to babysit Aidan. We tell him no one leaves the house. We allow them to rent a movie that is age appropriate for Aidan to watch too. So we head out in the rain. We run out to look at the house we are considering building. I love it, Hub's wants the smaller one. I want the bigger one. I blame Pinterest! So we argue our points back and forth. Cole is putting his two cents in. Hub's stops him to tell him he is a temporary guest in our house so he has no say. I do laugh and agree with Hub's. After that the house I have loved since I moved here has an open house. We head that way to look at it. I stop for a Dr. Pepper because control is something I struggle with. While in the gas station in Wimberly TX I smell something amazing. I look and there is a taco bar. Three Mexican gals are cooking up their secret family recipes. I get a few tacos. I got two fish tacos and a cowboy one. They were to die for. Cheap too! We pull up to "The House"! As soon as I get out of the car and walk down the bricked path I scream....this is my dream house! Hub's looks at me and says...Hold on! I walk in and it is beyond words. Totally amazing. The finish out in this house is nothing less than perfect. There are few things I would change. It looks like something out of Southern Living magazine. My biggest disappointment is no double oven. Hub's is like for one it is 50 grand out of our price range and it only has a two car garage. It has custom everything. The laundry room is to die for. The built ins, the cabinets, the flooring, the wainscoting, the crown moldings, the iron work, the porches, the whole house, and I have drove by this house for the last five years! Hello, did Hub's ever hear about that asking the universe crap. This house goes on the market days before we are about to get an offer! I think in my head it is meant to be. Hub's has a whole other thing going on in his head! Men are from Mars women are from Venus! The picture above is lot Hub's wants to buy and build that much smaller house that is not my favorite. Though that field reminds my friend Erin and I of the meadow in the Twilight movies! I'm not 100 percent sold still, even though I love Twilight!
 We head over to our old neighbors house to watch football after all this. Reality sets in and I think.....Do I want to be house poor.....No! Do I want to give up vacations to live in my dream house?...No! Do I want to get a real job or do I want to have the luxury or shall I say slugury of being there for my kids???? Well maybe! Do I want to win the lotto and have it all????? Um, hell yes! Before we headed to their house we went back to ours to pick up our oldest and youngest. Come to find out they had made an air soft shooting range in our backyard in the rain. Remember the part when we left and told them no one outside???? They have my bar stools in the back yard among other things. They are soaking wet and have grass tracked all in my house that I'm trying to sell. My head is spinning when I walk in. I'm screaming. My oldest is like....why are you so upset???? I say did you hear us when we said no one outside and why the hell are my bar stools out in the rain????? He tells me he does not remember me saying no outside! Of course he doesn't they only hear when you are going to do something for them. Bet he would have heard if I said we are going to take you unlimited shopping spree! Just saying!
Anyway we have a great time hanging out with our old neighbors. I would love to have them as neighbors again. You couldn't ask for a greater family living close to you. The lot for sale by them has great trees and is in a great location. The thought of moving twice makes my head spin. By the time we do everything we want we are pretty close to my dream house price. Interest rates are at an all time low.  I'm dazed and confused! Pinterest has ruined me! I can't keep up with my Pinterest house, Pinterest clothes. Pinterest recipes, Pinterest parties, and Pinterest shit! Damn you Pinterest! More to come with these people I live with! On another note. Last night I was being a cry baby on here. Thinking I would stop writing in this blog publicly since people were judging it. I don't care now. My blog is almost too honest. It is me, if you don't like it or want to judge me for it I don't care. My biggest concern is raising responsible, good hearted kids! Nothing else really matters. I'm old enough to realize no matter what you do people will judge and talk about you. It's a fact of life. I think if I wasn't interesting enough to talk about I would be invisible. I don't want to be invisible, as a staying at home mom you feel invisible at times. I say...lets give them something to talk about! We have to unfortunately let our kids make some mistakes it's how they grow and learn. We all made mistakes growing up it paved the path to who we are today.  I would take back a thousand things I did. I did learn from my mistakes. I only can hope and pray that my kids learn from their mistakes as well. I did get an anonymous comment on my last post. I love that this person called my ass out. He said in so many words I blogged about youth entitlement and then I was doing their sheets. He said in so many words spoiled kids have their parents do things they can do...like wash sheets! I took a step back and thought he is right. Here I go again doing shit I can teach them to do. I'm a control freak and a work in progress. I'm thankful that anonymous guy called my ass out, I need that!......he reminds me of my sister who calls my ass out when I'm talking shit but not doing what I am saying! Once again sorry for bad grammar and spelling!

No comments: