Wednesday, September 12, 2012

30 things in 30 days!

 So the other day since my house is on the market I was re-distributing things. I was hiding shit above my fridge. I got on a step stool, I'm guessing that most people's fridge have a huge layer of dust on them. I'm also guessing that most people would not find something like this written in the dust. I see this and really do laugh out loud. I also think why in the world my 11 year old would write this on top of the fridge. Sexy is a word I don't even remember knowing at this age. I know I was not sexy at this age. So when Cole...aka....Sexy Cole comes home from school I ask him about this. I tell him I found this sexy Cole thing on top of the fridge. He looks at me and laughs. I ask him if he wrote this, thinking no one else in this house would have done this. He as he always does admits that he wrote it. I ask WHY????? He tells me because he is a sexy beast and no one knows that yet but he is. I have mixed emotions. I have raised my kids to be confident but sexy at 11 is never something I have ever said!!!!  I still have to laugh about this because SEXY??? Is he kidding??? I will give him cute or witty at this age. Sexy is just not in the cards for him yet! I don't even think I was sexy in my twenties. It takes years of bad break-ups and nasty boyfriend or girlfriends in his case to get your SEXY on!
 Since I started reading that book about teaching your kids to be responsible I have been all on board. Most of my pics are of Aidan because he the youngest, the easiest to re-train. He is all on board. I am working on the others, but they hate their picture taken these days. They also are not taking to this re-do as much as the youngest. I did have the older two hang up all their clean clothes. This is a big deal. We are a work in progress for sure. Anyway Aidan was all on board to learn how to fold the towels. Remember I was raised by a should have been Martha Stewart mom. My towels are folded perfect. It was hard and I mean hard for me to allow him to fold the towels. He is no Martha, but he will be if I keep at this. I took the towels to the closet because he was proud. I really did want to re-fold them. If I did that I would take away the "proud" moment he had folding them. I have to remember this is a learning experience. I can not burst his bubble....until I get a call that someone wants to look at our house! Then I will re-fold this mess.
 Anyway the kids went back to school last week. I promised myself I would do 30 things in 30 days. Thank you for PINTEREST for setting the bar so high. I'm behind the eight ball but I'm going to re-do my pantry. Here is my before shot.
 As I tackle this project Aidan is off to baseball practice. I found out tonight that he will have practice on Tuesday and Thursday in Drippin. Cole happens to have practice Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in Drippin. Blake happens to have practice at 6:15 am Monday and Tuesday and after school on Wednesday, a game on Thursday. Cole and Aidan both have games every Saturday. Do you feel my pain???? I really just want one person to say they get it! My head is spinning...you get that is not one weekday free! You do have to factor in dinner and homework! I'm thankful that for the next few weeks I'm still a stay at home mom. I really don't know how the working mom's do it! My hat is off to you girls for sure.
 I unload my pantry all over my kitchen. I feel ashamed at all the crap I have in there that has been in there since I moved here six years ago. There are lots of things that the date is expired. I throw a whole lot away. This Catholic guilt is getting me. I swear I think that I will try to only get things I need from now on. It's a sin for sure when you think of all the people in the world in need. I probably got rid of 200 dollars worth of stuff. You live and learn for sure.
When I am done I feel one weight lifted off of me. I have many closets and cabinets to go through. I only wish my Martha Stewart mom was here to help me do this crap. She is a huge organizer. I know she could get my house in shape.

My heart is heavy tonight. When your a mom your heart is heavy most of the time. You are always worried about something. My youngest one Aidan...Aka...the worry wart is having a hard time these days. It's funny because even though you raise your kids all the same they are so different. Aidan over thinks everything. The first week of school he had a full blown panic attack the third day of school. It was so bad I had him stay home. He thought he was dying and wanted to go to the hospital, I really did cry. No mom wants their kid to carry this stress. I had seen this panic in him before just a few times. It broke my heart because I think a child this age should not be such a worry wart. He really does over think everything. To him this worry is real. I get it more than Hub's. Hub's thinks he is a Mama's boy. I can relate I have suffered from this too. So two weeks into school he has another full blown attack. Hub's had him go to school. I talk to him about it after school. He tells me he fears that something bad will happen to me while he is gone. He also fears something bad will happen to him while he is at school and I will not get to him in time. I feel heartbroken that at his age he fears these things. He tells me he knows I'm going out of town soon. He fears that something bad will happen to me and he doesn't want me to go. The worst thing for me is when I was talking to him about this. He said kids are laughing at him for crying at school. I let him stay home the first time. We sent him the next time. I told him to tell the kids he was crying because his tummy hurt. He says...I can't keep saying that everyday. I say...What do you mean everyday??? He then tells me he has cried everyday, in the bathroom and at his desk! This is way worst than I thought. I don't know how to fix it! I don't want this kid to grow up a prisoner of his mind.  I want him to not fear life. I tell him everything is going to be alright but he feels something different in his head. My next move is to get him help for this. I refuse to let him miss out in life because he fears everything. Damn it if this Mom thing isn't the hardest thing in the world.. Again sorry for bed grammar or bad writing, remember my claim to fame is not being a good writer!

No comments: