Friday, September 21, 2012

Just rolling non stop over here in LaLa land!

 So my life has been more than busy lately and I kind of love it! I do like to complain a bit but who doesn't. Oh yes, there are those perfect people out there that always scream about the glass being half full. My week was full of getting kids to school, driving them to practice, and going to games. Last week I over slept and Blake missed practice one day. He set his alarm too but fell back asleep. He was upset because his football coaches made him do up downs after school. To the point where he puked in his mouth so he says. He blamed me. I blamed him, I do set my alarm to make sure he is not going back to sleep. He is old enough to be responsible for himself though. I did think at his age since he doesn't drive the coaches probably should have made me do the up-downs too. Maybe I would lose this cheeseburger  ass! He had a game Wednesday night. He is upset because he wants to be on the A team. He had a broken jaw for two months of practice though. He lost 12 pounds from his mouth being wired shut. I get why the coaches are not letting him play on A. The lesson here for him is not to do dumb things like jump off a roof to a rope swing with concrete under you!!!!! Kids at this age think nothing bad will ever happen to them. That scares the hell out of me. The only one I don't think I will have to worry about is Aidan...aka...worry wort! He will never test the waters! Thank God for small favors. Blake gets lots of playing time in on the B team. He should be thankful. I was on the sidelines taking way too many pictures.
 Aidan thinks he is the cats meow with the big kids. He comes on the field with me while I shoot the game. He practices with the players and knows all the coaches. It is fun to watch him. He thinks all these guys hung the moon. They all pay lots of attention to him and call him the mascot. The managers which happen to be high school girls pay lots of attention to him too. They think he is the cutest! I think that too but I'm his mom. I love that the coaches give him jobs and make him feel special. This is just one thing I love about being from a small town. The people out here have been really appreciative about all the pictures I take of their kids. You always have one crazy that complains though. I won't blog about a moms craziness about my pics though. I do have a filter though some people do not think that.
 I love to capture action shots but some of my favorites are the kids talking to the coaches. Here is Blake in a deep conversation with his coach. I've never been a football gal, I still do not get the flags on the play. I'm starting to finally get the game a little more. What I do get is football teaches my kids discipline and being a team player. It is a big NoNo to ever miss practice because it hurts the team. We had meet the teacher this week. At the end we went to the football meeting. We all want to drive our kids home after an away game. The coach talked about how they needed to ride the bus because they are a team. They ride together and they ride back together win or lose. It's all part of the game. As much as this can be an inconvenience I believe he is right. Maybe I've been in Texas so long I'm finally brainwashed. It's funny because it seems like I waited forever for my first to say his first word, pull up on something for the first time, take his first steps. After that everything seemed to go way too fast. I have to pinch myself when I pull up to the High school to drop him off or pick him up. Me with a kid in high school just doesn't seem possible. I was just there myself. It's weird when your kid passes you by in shoe size, weight, and height. Though all of mine have passed me in shoe size now. Every time I look at Blake...aka..the not so charming prince I am amazed at how fast he turned into a man. Right before my eyes for real. I'm am super proud of him at the same time super frustrated with him. I only wish he could understand the big picture and know how important it is to be a responsible, respectable adult. I know if I could age in reverse I would do better and would know better. I just want my kids to be healthy, happy, and rich doesn't hurt! I want them to have an easy life. Thinking about me in my youth  makes me realize you have to make mistakes to become the person you are supposed to be. It's funny because I was talking to Hub's about something I don't even remember what about. I said the comment about "they say". He laughed at me and said who are "they" anyway? I had to think when we say "They said" who are the "They". I have no idea but I do use the "They say" saying a lot. Who are "they" anyway?????
 So this picture is a "WTF" moment in parenting. After Blake's game I see this. I walk up and ask Blake if he does not know how to tie his own shoe. He laughs and says he's tired from his game. I say Oh no, you know good and well how to tie your own shoe. He says..Mom stop! I tell him never take advantage of the football managers for something you can do! Mama has some work to do with him!
I still really can't believe that my baby grew up when my eyes were closed. This is the kid who really thought I hung the moon. He cried when I sent him to pre-school because he had to be away from me. I never thought I would break him of wanting me at everything. He was really needy as a kid. Wanted me to be at everything. Now he is embarrassed of me and tells me to get away. I have to pull things out of him. I would have bet my house that this would never happen. Word..never bet your house on anything! Makes me appreciate the two behind him a little more. I need to take those moments in a little more instead of being annoyed by them. I love him more than he will ever understand that is until he has his own kids, I hope. I still think he is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I hope someday he understands everything. The good or bad I do in his eyes is to try to make him the best person I think he can be. I wish I could be there for everything, every hard decision, every peer pressure moment. What he doesn't get at this age in high school what seems to be important won't be important in the long run. What means a lot in high school is getting good grades so you can go on to college, make something of yourself, and getting into a college studying something that you have a passion for. It's not how popular you are, or if you made the A team or the B. It's not the girl you get in high school. It's the one that makes you laugh and makes you want to be a better person that usually comes later in life. It is also the job you go for that makes you feel something. I know I say on here that money makes everything easier. It does, to be honest. I do know a lot of people with money who are not happy. I know people just getting by that are not that happy. Seems I know a lot of people on both ends that are not that happy. I just think I want my kids to do something they love money or not to live a joyful live. I do still believe money makes things a bit easier. I have had money and been poor. When I compare the two I do think when I have had money it took some pressure off the table. Hub's and I have been a roller coaster if you will of having no money, some money, and ok money. Never really having too much money. Otherwise I would have been in the shop for all the damage my kids have done to my used to be youthful looks! In the long run what I'm trying to say with my overactive brain is I just want my kids to find happiness in their life rich or poor. I also want to say after having all these boys and being the girly girl I am, I would LOVE some granddaughters. In a perfect world I would write the script to my not so perfect life. Again sorry for bad grammar and miss spellings....someday when I have time for me I will get it straight. Until then greetings from LaLa land and more to come with these people I live with!

No comments: