Monday, September 3, 2012

Talk about "WTF" moments of parenting!

Today was a crazy day for me. I woke up at nine, wishing it was noon! I drove to the high school to pick up five boys. I had to drive them to a birthday party on lake Travis. I actually spent two hours in my car going back and forth. I swear I need to invest in some self help audio tapes. Maybe some brain washing tapes for my kids. I stopped and got the biggest Dr. Pepper I could even though I cut myself off of those weeks ago. Self control is a big issue for me. After I got back home I did two loads of laundry, cooked an appetizer for a party, and took Aidan to a party before the party I cooked for. I hung out at Aidan's party for a while. Sweating my ass off! It's hot here in Texas! I ran home to pack a cooler, get my appetizer, and run Cole's football stuff to a friends house for practice. Is your head spinning, because mine is! I picked Aidan back up and headed to the next party. I'm lazy, this shit is bullshit! I want to be in front of my TV. Who signed me up for this craziness anyway???? Oh yes, I did when I had three kids!

Anywho, after I got home from party number two my sister was drunk texting me. Now My sister is rarely and I mean rarely drunk. She is the good one in our family. She is recently single. So she text me some guy is hitting on her that still lives at home in his 30's! I say...run for the hills!!!! She text back...LOL. I'm not really LOL! I text her that Hubs is a perv watching skin a max. She text back....It's because you don't put out enough! I text back to tell her to find a half dead billionaire. She text back to say some guy is calling her his future wife. I text back...If it's the guy that lives at home run otherwise Is he cute??? No response! There were a few more text back and forth but some things are not appropriate for this blog. Hubs thinks I put way too much out there but I do have a little bit of a filter.

After all this text mess I put the little guys to bed. I first stop in Aidan's bed who is still scared shitless of "Bloody Mary" he happens to be sleeping on the sofa once again while I write this. I then stop by the teenagers room to chat for a bit. He has not much to say...typical of this age. I'm going to keep on pushing even though I at times would like to hold up a white flag. Then I head to Cole's room. This is where I have my "WTF" moment of parenting. He says...."MOM, am I ever going to grow?". These kids have gotten my short genes! My foot is the same size of my nine year olds....only wish my ass was too! So I tell him that Blake was really small when he started middle school and he did not grow till he was in the 7th grade. He then says...."Is everything going to grow?". I think I know what he means by the goofy smile he has on his face. So I ask what he means. He says...." you know everything". I say......Are you talking about body parts???? He says...Yes! I tell him his whole body will change when he hits puberty. He then asks me what if his thing doesn't grow!!!!!! I ask why are you worried about that. He says because he saw his brothers and he is worried about his. I tell him he will be just fine. He asks me if there are guys who never grow into that! My mind goes back to my twenties when I was with a guy that never grew into it. Shit, I can't tell him that!  I once again tell him it will be fine. At the same time my friend text me. I text her back with a brief of what I'm dealing with. She text back...tell him eating vegetables makes it grow. I really do LOL, then I tell him that. He asks for a computer because he wants to "Google" it!!!!!! Damn that "google" defeated once again. any who, these people I live with really do make me laugh!

No comments: