Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This is not the child I raised

We headed out to Wimberly TX for Blake's football game. Aidan was throwing the ball with some of the players. They couldn't believe what an arm he had for such a little guy. This went right to his head. I have had to hear about it for the last 24 hours.
This just cracks my ass up! Cowboy boots with the football uniforms. Only in Texas.

Unfortunately the boys lose their game. Blake was waiting by his coach for me 2 come sign him out. I'm a bit of a chatty Cathy so I was chatting away with one of the other parents. Blake yells over in a not so sweet way......Hey Mom can you get over here and sign me out. I am stopped dead sentence.....I can't believe this kid just demanded me 2 get over there. I look over at him like....NO YOU DIDN'T! I can't believe this when did this child that used 2 cry over Disney movies when something bad would happen 2 the Mommy turn into this child I don't know???? I used 2 be everything 2 him. He wanted 2 be around me all the time. He used 2 tell me the sweetest things, like he will live with me forever. Now he is that kid???? The kind of kid I would talk shit about and wonder how a parent could raise such a disrespectful child. I have this child now???? I blinked and he turned into one of these three headed beastly teenagers. I don't think I like this.
I walked over 2 him passing all the parents that he yelled this in front of. I wonder if they are thinking how could I raise such a disrespectful child. If I have learned anything in my years it is be careful when talking shit or judging others. A lot of times you are going 2 be chewing on those words. Karma can be a bitch. I walk right up 2 him and ask him if he really just spoke that way 2 me. He looks at me and says but I lost the game and I'm in a bad mood. I look right back at him and tell them if he ever speaks 2 me that way again I will have no problem walking over 2 him and laying him out. I'm one tough MaMa and he should be careful about messing with me. He tells me I'm embarrassing him. I look at him again and say....you embarrass me and you bet your ass I'm going 2 embarrass you back. His coach who his standing right next 2 us lets out a little chuckle. Blake gives me a look like...damn my coach can hear you! That's right kid you better think next time you have the urge 2 talk 2 me like that.
Blake has that phone in his ear for the entire next game. He is probably telling all his friends what a jerk I am. Ask me if I care!
Nothing like a Texas sunset during a football game.

I was giving Blake's friend a ride home after the game. We had just enough gas 2 get us home. We are from a small town and this was an even smaller town we were in. My driving is awful and my sense of direction is even worse. We head home and I turn on this road that I think dead ends into the road Blake's friend lives on. Now the roads out here are very country with NO lights. We are going for a while and Blake's friend says I don't think it's supposed 2 take this long. Now I was thinking the same thing but wasn't saying anything. My gas tank light is on and we are driving into what looks like the tunnel of death. I say something about needing gas and it really looks like we are in no man's land. Aidan who is a bit of a nervous Nelly starts 2 cry. I tell him not 2 worry even though I have that nervous feeling in my belly. All the sudden Blake, his friend, and Cole let out a blood curdling scream. OMGOSH, What????? There is a cricket jumping from kid 2 kid in the car. These football players are acting like a bunch of girls over this little harmless cricket. I thought that until that nasty thing jumped on me and I screamed louder than any of them. So we are still driving into the tunnel of death, my overactive mind pictures some crazy guy jumping out in front of the car with a chainsaw. Aidan is pretty much hyperventilating in the back set and crying that he does not want 2 end up on the side of the road. We finally see some light in the distance. We pull into a gas station on fumes. I'm so thankful, I would hate 2 have 2 call Blake's friends Dad from the side of the road. I didn't even know where 2 tell someone how 2 find us anyway. We fill up on gas and get directions from this old country guy. Now this old country guy goes into way 2 many details and confuses me more. I have GPS but every time Hubby wanted 2 show me how 2 use it I didn't feel like listening. I figure the shit out and we are back on our way. This 30 minute drive turned into an hour an a half drive but I got us there.


I wake up Wednesday morning and the house is the equivalent 2 a frat house. Hubby left town and I left all the shit I normally do behind for a few days. He is flying home today and I wake up in a panic. There is a pile of clean clothes a mile high in the middle of the living room. I just didn't feel like folding them. There is paper and crap all over the office. There are dirty dishes in the sink and "to go" crap all over. There is dog hair all in the bed that the dog is never supposed 2 get into. I don't know where 2 start. I'm horrible under pressure. I can't just do one room at a time, I'm all over the place like a bee pollinating flowers. Most important is 2 get the sheets in the wash the Dog hair would be the biggest NO, NO! I kind of feel like that kid who's parents went away for the weekend and they went wild. While I'm cleaning I come across one of Blake's football shoes. Now he has practice right after school and will need this shoe. His school is in Dripping which is not down the street. This is the only day of the week I don't have 2 go 2 Dripping for some kind of practice. This is not what I need when I'm trying 2 clean up from my two days off of......I didn't go behind these people cleaning up! I run the damn shoe out there even though he is on my shit list. I find one of his coaches and ask him 2 give this 2 Blake but 2 first knock him in the head with it!
Later that afternoon I have a phone conference with Berkley heart center. I had an extensive heart test recently. This person was calling 2 go over everything with me since you can't understand what those test mean. I still only understand half of what she was saying. What I got is that I carry a gene from one of my parents that put me at risk for heart disease or stroke. I have 2 give up everything I love and I have 2 do everything I hate. All I can think of is in a perfect world cheeseburgers, french fries, sodas, and beers would be good for you. A perfect world would be you could over indulge and feel great the next day. A perfect world would be you could sit on the sofa watching TV and be toning your body. A perfect world would be you have a clone 2 do all the shit you don't want 2 mess with. All I think right now is we don't live in a perfect world. It sucks getting older and having 2 maintenance all this crap. I really am a true believer that "ignorance is bliss". Anyway back 2 cleaning up after these people I live with.

1 comment:

Janice said...

You crack me up! Our house looked like a frat house Wednesday morning too! I didn't do shit while Tom was gone! And Tom got on an earlier flight and came through the door an hour and a half early! WTH? Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!