Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tom and Janice come for a visit

Our friends Tom and Janice came to visit us with their two cute little boys. We have known them for about 13 years now. I am the one who actually set them up. Maybe I should start one of those match.com sites. I kind of feel like I had a hand in putting these two cute little boys into the world without have to do the dirty work. Just tooting my own horn right now.








They came in Saturday and we stayed up way too late reminiscing about all the stupid crap we used to do. This blog could get real interesting if I went into to those stories. Janice and I crashed Hubby's car one night when she talked me into driving some guy she thought she liked home. The funny thing is she didn't like the guys shoes when he got into the car.....so the crash was not really worth it. The worst part of the story is while I was panicking coming up with a story of why the car had a dent I had butt dialed Hubby. He heard the big lie I had come up with. This is not the first time I did this I had also crashed Hubby's car with my friend Kim and did the same damn thing down to the butt dial. God just doesn't want me to get away with anything.









We woke up Sunday morning not really feeling like sunshine. I was super tired. Poor Tom and Janice got woken from those cute boys about four hours before Hubby and me rolled out of bed. Thank God mine are at the age when they like to sleep in and they can get up turn on the TV and make their own breakfast. I waited a long time to be in this place and I'm finally there. WOOO HOOO!



We headed out to lake Austin for the afternoon. The boys have a blast.






These two kind of look like each other. Lane reminds me so much of Cole when he was a kid.





Aidan is our boat lover. He wants to buy a house boat when he gets older. I hope he gets everything he wants some day.





The water is a little cold so the boys take turns peeing off the back of the boat. Sometimes I think is unfair that I can't whip that shit out a relieve myself on the lake or in a bush. Now don't get me wrong I have been known to drop trawl with the best of them after a couple of beers. One time Mom....aka...Debbie Downer caught me in my younger dumber years and I thought she was going to have a melt down. Debbie would never pee anywhere besides a toilet so needless to say this has never been discussed after that night.


Cole...aka...Drama is going to entertain us with his country music singing. We went to see Blake Shelton at the Nutty Brown a few months ago. He loved him so much he went home and memorized every song this guy sings. He wants to sing one of his songs at the talent show. He sings them great with so much passion he has even sang them in our local sports bar and makes the crowd go wild. The unfortunate thing is it's your typical country song so it talks about getting drunk, smoking, women, heartache, and so on and so on. I don't really think this would go over well in this small town where they breed perfect children.




He gets a crowd as he always does. This kid is going to make me money someday. He owns me big time so I will be his biggest fan.




HEY UNIVERSE thank you so much for allowing me to buy this compound on Lake Austin, I am forever grateful. This place is my dream it was a huge main house with about seven guest houses. Every time I am on lake Austin I picture myself living there with my friends and family all nestled in to their comfy guest quarters. Yes, I still listen to that most annoying voiced lady that brain washes you into asking the Universe and you shall get what you want. I want that damn house.....ARE YOU LISTENING?????????


The boys are loving watching this guy do somersaults in the air. I am enjoying watching him too. I am picturing myself a totally hot 21 year old on this boat with these super buff guys. That is until I see the house in the background. Then my minds goes to living in a kick ass house on lake Austin.





Back to reality I'm on the boat with my two kids because my oldest only hangs with his friends these days. I'm on the boat not at all bikini ready, thank God it is cold. But I am on a boat with great friends and a great family....Life is good.


We are heading back to the dock to get home and get us some good old Salt Lick BBQ.


Cole wants the love of his life to go to the Salt Lick with us. So I call my friend Ashley to see if her daughter can go with us. He has loved Brooke since we moved to Austin. I love that he has never changed his mind. I'm tooting my own horn right now but he is going to be one hell of a catch some day.


RIBS at the Salt Lick...need I say more.



After we get home I realize that I am happy my kids are no longer in the toy stage in life. We had four kids under the age of five over last night. My game room looks like a bomb went off in it. Gosh I remember those days all that overpriced plastic all over the floors placed perfectly for you to trip over it.



After I get the house back in order I am checking me E-mails. I get tons of stuff with the kids being on sports about volunteer stuff. People always hit respond to all so there is a ton of stuff to go through. While I'm going through all this crap I come across a Mom who has a link to her Blog. I click on it out of curiosity even though I don't know her. It's pretty funny, she is a major shit talker refering to people as "Helly Kitty", "Micky Mouse", "Sponge Bob", and so on. You can tell she is totally shit talking other parents and neighbors. Now I can shit talk with the best of them but I keep it to my own family. I can't get my ass kicked from them. I was just thinking if "hello Kitty" or "Sponge Bob" gets a hold of her blog they are going to know exactly who she is talking about since she goes into great detail about them. Good stuff but very brave women. Anyway tomorrow is Monday and that's always the day I'm going to re invent myself into the perfert person. I better get some sleep.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Cute post! Thanks for putting the story about the guy with the crappy shoes on there. :) We had a lot of fun this weekend - thanks for having us!
It looks like you deleted some pics off the blog - what pics were they?