Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Twisted Sister and my sweet niece come to town

Twisted sister and baby Ella...aka the bird come to town late Tuesday night. I'm writing this blog late Tuesday night thinking I can't believe their trip I waited so long for has come and gone. Ella was all about me that is until she saw Blake...aka...beak, as she calls him.

Wednesday we head to the Rooster school to have lunch with Cole and Aidan. Cole is happy to see us. When Aidan comes in for lunch he is kind of out of it. He tells me his brain hurts. I think he is trying to pull one over one me so he can come home and hang with Ella. I tell him to suck it up. Kelly and I leave to go to lunch, God forbid we eat that crap they call food at the school. Nothing is close out here so we drive about 20 minutes to our favorite restaurant, the satalight cafe. Just as we are pulling in the parking lot my phone rings. It is the school nurse, she tells me Aidan has a 103 temp and I need to pick him up. All the way back to the school all I can think is damn it's their first day here and I hope we all don't end up with this crap. Great Mom, I know you think I would be worried about the fact that my baby is so sick. I get to the school and the girl behind the desk tells me I need to go to the nurse because Aidan can't walk. Now I start to panic a little. When I get back there he is laying on a bed with cold rags on his head and his neck. I'm feeling like a real ass about now. In my defence this kid has pulled the cry for wolf card on me before and he was not at all sick.


That night we get pizza for dinner. The boys are so happy Ella is here.


Sick baby lays on the couch the entire night. I'm watching TV at about midnight because that's how I roll and Aidan wakes up and asks me if the world is going to end in 2012. I ask him where did he here this????? He tells me someone at school told him and they even made a movie about it. I tell him no one really knows when the world will end except God. He says.....why would God end the world that he made. I'm thinking because we have all turned into narcissistic assholes but I don't think that answer will go over too well with this worry wort. I tell him not to worry about it because it will not happen in his life time. He tells me he does not want to die and he does not want anyone he knows to die. This is a pretty big burden for such a little guy to carry. How do you even begin to explain your way out of this one.

Finally I have got the stuff to boo some people. We got booed three times and I have dragged my feet about returning the gesture. The kids get in the car to boo and Cole and Blake are fighting about the front seat. I'm trying to referee as usual. I lose my patience and start to yell. Blake has the nerve to tell me I ruin everything fun because I always end up yelling. Are you kidding me kid???? They ruin everything fun because they fight about everything! I would not have to yell if they didn't fight about everything. They want to boo this guy who has a Michael Meyers guy in front of his house. I park the car down the street and tell them to go. A few minutes later they return with the boo gift. I ask what happened???? They tell me they are scared of Michael. I tell them to suck it up and go ring the bell and run. They come back a second time with the box of candy out of the boo. I ask them why they have the candy???? They tell me it looked good and they wanted to keep it. See what I mean about narcissistic assholes! We go to boo our second family and they are all in front of the house. Needless to say we still need to boo them.


Blake who lately proved he is about as smart as a rock gets his knee stuck in the stairs. Don't ask me what he was doing putting it in there in the first place. Twisted sister and I pry it out for him.



I woke up this Tuesday morning got the kids all ready for school and shoved them out the door. That is of course after they had their normal morning fight over who's waffle had more butter on it! I wish that was the worst of my worries. I go back to bed as I normally do. Wake up at my standard ten am. I go to check my E-mail and I'm feeling slightly off. I'm kind of filled with anxiety and I don't know why. I start to panic slightly because that's what I do being raised by Debbie Downer. I start thinking what if something is wrong with me???? My mind totally goes to the dark side. This is the thing about being a stay at home Mom you have why too much time to think about the "what if". I talk myself off the ledge and then I am overwhelmed by all the stuff I need to do. It is hard enough to keep up with the getting kids ready and fed, keeping up with laundry, dishes, homework, and practices. I have lost my Mo Jo lately and I don't know why. I have a bottle of Zoloft sitting in the cabinet that my Doc gave me when I explained this to him two months ago. I have yet to take it. I don't know why but pills freak me out. I really think I might need them but I hate that everything you take comes with a long list of side effects. I make it through the day. I think women carry this guilt thing. I feel guilty all the time when I don't do what I plan. I feel guilty about not being the greatest Mom or raising perfect children. Guilty, guilty, guilty, that's how I feel. I have guilt about not doing something great with my life. Anyway I was talking to Debbie on the phone tonight. We were talking about someone who is sick a lot. She says...I wonder if he has aids. I'm a little taken back. I laugh and say are you serious????? She says well it does make you have a weak immune system. But really are you serious????? No wonder I'm so messed up! Anyway still here in LaLa land with these people I live with! Btw, if you read this I have a vote for me on side for a Mom blog, please vote I would really like to win something!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oooh, I want to know who Debbie Downer thinks has Aids? Also, suck it up and swallow the pills! Just do it.