Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Monday Night Football

The kids got home from school and the skies did not look great for football. I had to have the little guys do their homework right after school since we have a game at 5:30. Cole and I get into a fight while he is doing his homework. I get so frustrated I tell him not to bother with it, I'm just sick of fighting with him. Homework to me is a waste of good trees and my sanity. He ends up on the sofa crying. As he is crying he yells......WHY DON'T YOU PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN AGE! I can't help it, I'm mad as hell but that statement makes me laugh. I pace around and do some deep breathing exercises. I come back have him sit back down and try to have a little more patience. As much as I wanted these kids to go back to school I think it may just be more work than summers. The damn homework is mine! They need help every night.



Right before we head to the game I pull up something called Skyward. This is a great little website that you can see exactly what grades your kids are getting on a daily basis. I see that Blake has gotten 100% on every math homework assignment but has failed his test. I wasn't born yesterday so this screams nothing to me but "Cheater". You can't get 100% on everything and then fail the test. My guess would be he is copying someones homework in the class. Why can't I have those perfect children with straight A's and perfect manners???? Is that so much too ask??? I know they are out there I see them in the classroom and I hear about them from their parents. I have asked the universe on more than one occasion too bless me with that type of child. I listened to that damn Cd with that awful sounding lady about asking the universe for what you want and you will receive. UNIVERSE all I am asking for is perfect children and a multi million dollar lotto ticket. Now what the Hell is your problem???




We head to the game and I don't say anything about the grade yet. I don't want him too worry about this during the game. The first half of the game it is lightly raining. The kids are playing really well though. It is fun too sit up in the stands and watch your kid on the field. That is as long as he is not making big mistakes on the field. Blake gets a few good tackles and gets his named mentioned on the loud speaker. I think I have said this before but it is Blake's first year playing football. I'm really proud of how well he has done. He made starting corner back on the B team. There are three teams at this grade level. I know his main reason for playing is because the ladies like football players. I think he has really started to love the game though. Being born in Texas most of the kids he is playing with were born with a football in their hands according to their Dads. He has some tough competition out there but he holds his own. Now if he could just master those grades!



We pretty much kill the other team. I'm happy since they had their first game last week and lost.



They are so proud after the game. What a great feeling that must be. Little does he know that great feeling is about to bust when we ground his ass for life. Cole went to one of his coaches house because he had football practice while we were at the game. It is a sin here in Texas if you miss football practice for any reason except if your in the hospital. We go too pick him up after the game. All the way home we have too hear about all the crap this kid has that Cole doesn't have. Kids these days really think they deserve every thing. Who the hell is raising these brats anyway???




When Blake gets home hubby and I sit him down too take away everything. We tell him about his test score and confront him with cheating. He calmly tells us he knows about that grade and it was put in the computer wrong. Holy crap do I look like a total dumb ass???? Teachers don't put grades in wrong! We take every thing away and send him to bed. Gosh I hope I'm not eating my words in a day or two. Surely a teacher wouldn't put a grade in wrong. I'm going with my gut on this and my gut says this kid is snowing me.


I call Mom...aka...Debbie downer after the game too tell her how well Blake did. We talk for a while. As we are about too get off the phone she tells me....wait I forgot to tell you something. She was here this past weekend. I had some extensive testing done and found out I have a big vitamin D deficiency. She tells me she was reading something in the paper about Alzheimer's and it said if your vitamin D deficient you have a 375% chance of getting it. Thank you Debbie for that! Just another thing too worry about. Just another day where these people I live with take a few years off my life! Now universe you better not be listening to that one.

BTW, sorry about the to and too, still trying to get that crap straight! I think I may need to go back to school.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ok, really simple...

Too is only used when you are saying also or more...
to is used for everything else...

I am too hungover to get out of bed

I am going to win the lottery too.

Get it???