Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Through the eyes of a child.

Since it was Blake's birthday this weekend he has some cash burning a hole in his pocket. He talks me in into taking him to the mall to buy some slides. Now slides are the latest thing for these teenagers. They wear black socks that come half way up their bottom leg with the open toe under armor sandals called slides. It you ask me they look the the old guys we always laughed at with socks and sandals which in my mind would send the fashion police right to your door. But what do I know right????? Blake had over heard a phone conversation I was having. I always think I am so smart talking in code but this teenager has got my number and he is cracking those codes. I was talking about the fact that Hubby wants it to much and I'm tired. Blake says to me while I'm driving why do you and Dad still do it??? I ask him what kind of a question is that???? He says...I'm just asking because I heard you on the phone talking about it. I tell him of course we do it because we are married....key word here are being "MARRIED". He tells me I can't believe you do that at your age. Then he reminds me that I am 40. I tell him people don't stop doing it because they are 40. He then tells me well geez Dad is even losing his hair. I don't know what that has to do with doing it but in his mind I guess it means we shouldn't. Then he tells me he thinks its a little freaky. I tell him I'm not talking about this with him anymore because I think that's a little freaky. Its funny how kids think of us as old as shit when we are 40. I remember thinking things like that as a kid as well. Just wait till he is 40, I'm sure he will have a change of heart. Lesson learned I must be much more careful while talking on the phone someone is listening!



We get to the mall to go to the finish line to get these slides. We pass one of those mall carts where they are selling those rubber bands in different shapes. They come in every shape you could imagine dogs, hearts, stars, birds, flowers, etc...etc. I don't know if you have seen what I'm talking about but these rubber bands are popping up everywhere. If you haven't seen them you will now notice they are at the checkout line in every store. The kids have these up and down their arms. I wish I would come up with some crazy idea like that. Who would have thought that something like colors shaped rubber bands would make millions!!!!! I am super jealous of people that come up with this crazy shit and make millions. I have a crazy thinking mind why can't I come up with something??? There is no cost in these things either. We walk in the finish line and I ask the guy where I can find slides. He tells me they are over there on the sales rack. Great, I love a sale. I don't see a markdown on any of these slides that are sitting on the clearance rack with a giant sign that says SALE above them. I figure they will ring the markdown at the register. I get up there and guess what they are selling at the counter????.....colored shaped rubber bands, just saying! The girl rings us up and the slides ring up at 29.99 which is full price. I tell her that is wrong because we got these from the sale rack. She tells me the register doesn't lie. I point to the sales rack where we got them and ask her if she could check with a manager. At this point Blake walks away because I am clearly embarrassing him. The manager walks over and I tell him the same thing. He tells me not everything is on sale over there. WHAT???? Then why is it on the clearance rack with a giant SALE sign above them????? He really just stares at me like I'm stupid and he could give a crap. I tell him I think that is very deceiving to the customer because not only is this slide not on sale but none of them are yet they are all in the clearance area. He says sorry and pretty much walks away. BTW, he is all of 22 managing this store. I want to argue more but I know damn well they don't pay this kid crap and he doesn't give a crap whether I buy these or not. Where the HELL did good customer service go????? The economy is bad I think they need to be nicer. I'm standing there kind of dumb founded and mad as Hell. All of the sudden it was like I was traveling back in time to 1986 . I find myself at the "Merry Go Round" counter at Woodfield mall with my Mom...aka Debbie Downer. I can still hear the sound of "Rock me Amadeus" playing on the radio. We had just spent a lot of time trying on "Jordache Jeans" we are checking out and the jeans are not ringing up at the sale price. My Mom is first arguing with the person behind the counter. Then she is arguing with the manager. Same damn thing where there is a big sale sign but they are really not on sale. I remember wanting to crawl under a rock. For one, the coolest people in the world worked at the Merry Go Round, these were the people I wanted to be like. I couldn't believe how awful she was acting, I remember rolling my eyes at the person she was arguing with as if to say she is the crazy one. I walked out of that store wanting to die. Then I argued with her all the way home. I'm now standing there not only eating my words but choking on them. I get it Mom, are you happy????? You were right, which is hard for me to say. I have become the one person I swore I would never be.....MY MOTHER. I buy the damn shoes and as we are walking out Blake is telling me how bad I embarrassed him. I tell him I get it but he too will get it someday. It still pisses me off that the manager could give a rats ass about my problem.


We get home and Cole is crying about something. Hubby says are you a cheerleader or a football player???? Which by the way I hate that saying. It is such a male chauvinistic saying. I think I would be happy if he were a cheerleader they are HAPPY. Blake then has to put his two cents in and tell Cole the same thing Hubby just said. I yell at Blake and tell him not to forget he is not Cole's parent and he has no right to get involved. I put the little guys to bed and they are afraid of the rain because it is pounding on their windows. I tell them they need their sleep and a little rain will not hurt them. I love to sleep in the rain it's my favorite thing to do. I go downstairs, I'm sitting on the back covered porch watching the rain talking to Blake about his upcoming football game. All the sudden I see these two little noises smashed up against the back door peeking out. Blake gets up opens the door and is like...NO, NO, get in bed! Really????? Why does he think he needs to take on the role of their parents??? I once again have to tell Blake I am the parent, I got this...Thank you very much. I now find myself blogging bedside with these two because I remember what it is like to be scared of something. Another interesting day with this teenager I now live with. I have a feeling I will always have something to blog about for a long while to come since he is the first of these teenagers I live with.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

LMAO over Blake being grossed out that your two old crusty asses still have sex.