Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, Monday

Really busy weekend! Some of the Cavender's came in for the weekend to hang out and see Cole's football game.


Let's just say it was hotter than heck out there! I am the official team photographer. I get to go out on the field to get the good shots.

Here is a picture of all my boys. Yes, that is my middle school child in those black socks with sandals. The first time he came down the stairs with this look I really thought it was a joke. He looks like one of those 1970's old polish guys that we all used to laugh at. I went to pick him up from football practice tonight and all the kids looked like this. Blows my mind! I was trying to recall some fashion foe pas from my time. I would have to say "mullets" were the biggest embarrassment. The scary thing is both men and women sported these mullets. Even scarier there are still people out there with mullets. How about those drop waist dresses....seriously?? I remember in high school I wore granny panties.....really sexy. BIG HAIR SPRAYED HAIR! I bet that felt great for the boyfriends running their fingers through it. My all time favorite was the giant shoulder pads. Did we really think it was sexy to look like a football player???? Maybe to some. Every time my kids do something that I think.....OH NO! I try to go back to that age and rethink what I'm going to say to them. As I'm writing this for some reason that song "take me down to the Paradise city" is playing in my head. Don't ask me why.....it's my over thinking mind thinking again. Holy crap just thought of stir-up pants....what the hell were we thinking??


While uploading the pictures from Cole's game, I came across this one. What is funny about this is my baby is that little one with those two giant guys about to lay him out. I can't believe the coaches, one being Hubby put him up against these guys.
That is my baby holding his own with the gentle giant. I'm just a proud Mama right now. He may have my little genes but it does not stop him.
Cole is super happy because they won the game. I am super happy because I'm super hot at this game and it is over.
Hubby's younger brother Blair, his wife Mandy are here for the weekend. We have lived in Austin three and a half years and this is Blair's second time to be here. We have a great visit with them.

We are celebrating my niece Lexi's 5th birthday. The boys love having her here.
Here is Mimi with all her Grand kids. Saturday night we had a nice dinner and celebrated Lexi's and Blake's birthday. I invited two of my friends to come over and have drink that night. Our neighbor was having a poker party a few doors down. All of the sudden we have a bunch of my Hubby's drunk friends in our house from the poker party. They came, they drank every bit of alcohol in the house, they destroyed and they left. I really love all these people! I wasn't planning on getting drunk but there I was drunk. Hubby and me cleaned up and let me tell you this house looked like a frat house when they left. I woke up feeling bad thanks to this very unplanned party.

One of hubbies friends who popped over reads the blog. He was telling how much he enjoys it. He told me it drives him nuts that I don't know the proper way to use my too's. I know I suck at this grammar thing. I wish I had a ghost writer. Sorry for the bad grammar, run-on sentences, and bad spelling. I just think this has been a fun way to write down what's going on in our lives. It will be really fun for the kids to look back on some day. Hopefully they will buy my a house, a car. or send me on a nice vacation after reading this.


Monday, Monday, So like more Mondays that I would like to admit too, I have a plan. I'm going to get up and change my life. No more soda's, no more bad habits, a little exercise, and more healthier eating. So I get up and drink a Dr. Pepper, which is my weakness. In my defence I do not drink coffee. I do eat a Greek yogurt, take a vitamin D pill, and do 45 minutes of yoga. I'm half way there. woooo hoooo! I blow it by the evening, but that's alright. There is always next Monday.




Blake my seventh grader is doing his homework. I am telling him how important his grades are starting to be. He tells me that things are way harder than when I was in school. I ask him how the heck he would know what things were like when I was in school. He tells me other Mom's told him things are way harder these days and he doesn't know why I can't just admit this. Really who are these Moms because I would really like to strangle them about now. You should never admit that to your child! Hasn't any one ever heard of brainwashing???? Another amazing day with these people I live with.

No comments: