Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oh yes it's ladies night!

While in Chicago I took advantage of the fact that I was staying with some built in babysitters. I had my fair share of ladies nights.
My cousin Kris an I got together a few times.

I got what I thought was my groove on a couple times. Looking at some of the pictures I couldn't help but think Geez get a grip girl. You just ain't all that and a bag a chips anymore.
It was great that I got to go out with my sister Kelly so much. The best thing about us twisted sisters is I drink and she drives. We are the perfect pair.
We are ready to rock. When I'm in Chicago it really hits home that I hate living so far from this twisted sister of mine. I'm going to win the lotto just so we could live by each other! DO YOU HEAR THAT UNIVERSE????

We headed out to the Lincolnshire festival. There we meet up with my old friend Brian. I haven't seen him in over 20 years. He pretty much looks the same with a little less hair. I will never forget when Brian and his friends used to come knock at my bedroom window back in the 8Th grade. One time the grumpy old guy caught them. He opened the window and there he stood in his tighty whities yelling at them to get the HELL out of here. This would be the first of a few tighty whitey incidents with my Grump. It's very hard not to laugh or to take the Grump seriously when he is yelling at you in a pair of tighty whities.
We met my cousin Kris out there. After the fest we went to a bar. I felt like we had just walked on a cruise ship for retired people. There was this band playing and everyone in the band was in there 60's and 70's. They were all dressed pretty fancy, sequins and all. Everyone in the place was in their golden years. It was funny to watch this generation drinking, dancing, and trying to pick each other up. I was kind of shocked to see how many of them were out single and hitting on each other. It was great people watching. This was much better than walking into one of those bars where everyone is in their twenties with their belly's hanging out and you look like the old ass. While in here I realized the parentheses on my face were not as bad as I thought. I really don't have a turkey gobbler yet and my crows feet don't look that bad! I think I should hang at these places a little more, it was a huge ego boost.
. As much as I hate how many hours of my life facebook has sucked up it did reconnect me with these besties. We hadn't seen each other in about 18 years. It was great, we picked up as if no time had passed at all. My friend Mary and I used to have a blast back in high school. We would take my Dad's car to the library every night. Well at least that's what my Dad thought. The Grump would set the miles thing on the car to make sure we were just going to the library. Mary and I used to drive all over Schaumburg we were totally boy crazy. After we spent the night joy riding we would hit reset on the miles thing and drive to the library and back. We really knew how to out smart the Grump. One time we drove his car into a ditch in front of the school. I panicked and hit the gas while in the ditch which got us stuck in there even worst. Someone had to pull us out. Mary and I took the car to the self car wash. We were scrambling our quarters together to get the sprayers going. There was mud flying everywhere and we were laughing like crazy. There were weeds and shit all tangled up under the car. We thought we got it all cleaned up. I was at the table the next day and my Dad, aka...Grump asks me to come outside. He had moved his car and there was giant chunks of mud all over the driveway. I try to tell him we were in a construction area with lots of mud. He ain't buying it but I'm trying like hell to sell it. A few hours later my neighbor comes over to talk to my Dad and says......I saw your car in a ditch last night!!!!! Totally busted! Anyway some of my funnest high school memories were spent hanging out with Mary. It was so great to hang out with her again. I could write a book about all our adventures.

Natalie and I were laughing about how we met. My friend Karen and I walked up to her and said we heard you were cool, we should all hang out! Who the Hell did we think we were????Nat, Karen, and I always kept each other laughing. Sometimes I wish those days didn't go by so fast. It was so much fun hanging out with these girls. On our way home we went through taco bell. It was like we were back in time. Mary ordered a cheese roll and we laughed like crazy because our last stop was always taco bell when we were kids. I can't wait to see these girls again.

My Mom and my Aunt Maureen headed out to six flags with the boys. My Mom likes to get her moneys worth so I was about to have an entire day and night to myself. I seriously have the urge to do the happy dance right in the driveway as I watch the car pull away! I don't want to scare the neighbors though.
What does a girl do with all this free time???? She heads out for ladies night of course. I drove over to Kelly's house and we met my cousins out for some drinks.

We have such a great time doing what girls do best! We did a whole lot of shit talking!
We picked up a little riff raff while out. I guess the image of this tat must have burned into my brain. I had this crazy dream the other night. I was out having a good time I had no hubby and no kids in this dream. In my dream I wake up with some super cutie boy toy. He must be my boyfriend because I have this overwhelming feeling of love for him. We are snuggling in bed and he says to me....that was cool when you got that tat last night. I pop up and say what tat??? He takes me over to this full length mirror to look at my back. To my surprise I have this Freddy tat covering my entire back. That overwhelming feeling of love went right out the door when I realized what this douche had let me do. My dream felt so real. I was standing there in this dream in a huge panic. My thoughts were running crazy. I first thought holy crap I don't remember getting this. Then I was thinking how could I not remember getting this???? Then my back starts to hurt really bad in the dream. I was thinking I'm supposed to be in an up coming wedding with a strapless dress! What am I going to do????? I don't even know who the hells wedding I thought I was going to be in. I started to get sick to my stomach in this dream. I finally woke up and I was pretty much hyperventilating. I woke up having a full blown panic attack. I even felt like I could throw up. It took a while for me to get my nerves back in check. It's crazy how some dreams feel so real. It's scary how a dream could make you feel physically sick. The mind is a weird ass thing! I don't think I'll be getting any tats in my future. I hope to God I'm not going to be in any upcoming weddings in a strapless bridesmaid dress. The thought of that alone could send me right back into panic mode.

My cousin Chelsea met us out as well. Chelsea and me always have a good time together. I had some of the funnest ladies nights while in Chicago. I'm lucky to know such great ladies. It also got me away from the people I live with for awhile.

No comments: