Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I have a teenager!

I have a teenager! How did this happen to me???? I'm the smart ass of these people, I don't need or do I want any competition. It was funny the other day my friend Lisa posted on face book that she was making voodoo dolls. I made a comment right back that I will take four. From that point on I kept fantasising about little voodoo dolls with each of these people I live with faces on them. I would keep them in my pocket and squeeze the shit out of them every once in while. If they really made me mad I would take them out of my pocket and chuck them against the wall. When the thought crossed my mind that I could take them out of my pocket poke them with needles and stomp on them with my shoe I knew I had taken this fantasy too far. Blake has gotten to the age of I love him but I really don't like him a lot of the time. While in Chicago my sister and I would be talking some kind of crap and he would throw his two cents in as if he was one of us. Kid your in LIMBO, your not a child and your not an adult......so don't make yourself sound stupid by trying to comment on things you know nothing about. I think one of the worst things is when he tells me what I'm doing wrong with my other two because he has raised kids right???? He is truly an amazing kid but he has been most annoying lately. I just can't wait till he was his own kids.


He had a few of his friends over. I was in the next room watching some mindless TV while they looked through the yearbook talking about girls. Of course they had the lab top so they could all facebook and look at girls pictures. I don't know how I got to be "the house" but I am. I'm really not even that nice, it amazes me that they want to be here. I feel like I'm running a concession stand without getting any money. The food and drinks these kids go through floors me. I need to start to charge a cover at the door otherwise I'm going to have to get a job. I would have no problem paying a cover charge to someones parents to get rid of my kid for the day. I always say I'm going to think of cheaper ways to get through these weekends but I have yet to do anything about it. After the boys go upstairs I can't help but snoop on Blake's Facebook. I have to say it's pretty boring. The girls post things like, I love Justin Bieber, I'm getting ready for school, or I'm going to bed. I think the most clever thing I saw on there was the girl who had Barbies laying around her pool and she tagged some boys from the school names on them. Now that gave me a laugh. While I'm on there I have a bad habit of chatting with people as if I am Blake. I know this is going to backfire on me some day but I will deal with it later. The middle school kids like this word or non word eeehhhhh....I saw that a lot. I had to laugh that everyone post their school schedule the day it came out. Wow, how times have changed. I would have been a huge stalker in middle school if I had known everywhere the boy I liked was going to be. These kids post what they are doing all the time. I see that Blake has three pages of birthday wishes so I post "Thanks for the birthday wishes...had a great day because my mom rocks" This is where I went wrong. Blake is never on facebook so I thought I would erase that before he saw it. The point of that post was to get a giggle out of my sister because we always laugh at my facebook hijacking. The next day I go to take that post off and snoop some more. I see that Blake has changed his status update to " Be careful my mom is acting like me on here". What the hell this kid is never on facebook....why when I post something does he check it. I have to think quick at this point. I call Blake down and tell him......I was on your facebook last night checking to see how many people were coming to your birthday party. He says....I know you were on there. I say....Did you like that post I wrote??? Then I told him I thought he would get a good laugh at that. He tells me I'm really not that funny and I'm making him look stupid. I tell him Moms are supposed to make their kids look stupid, it's part of my job. He tells me I'm making him look like a sappy mama's boy. He is a sappy mama's boy though. I will have to be more careful next time I get the urge to hijack facebook.


Blake has some more friends over to watch some movies. I show him this picture and he says..... wow look at my arms they look good! I tell him don't be a huge conceited bobble head, girls don't like that. He just laughs at me as if I am stupid. The sad thing is I know what I'm talking about he should listen. The night before I drove him and some kids to the movies. Blake sat in the front with me and we had four more kids in the back. All five of these middle schoolers spend their time text messaging. I don't get this at all why don't they chat with each other! I think it's kind of rude. Blake keeps trying to blast this rap station on the radio. I feel like I should be in one of those hydraulic bouncing cars, with my sunglasses on and some gold rope chains. Maybe a diamond grill on my teeth too. I keep changing it back to KissFm and he changes it back to rap! I finally put my foot down and say....I'm not listening to this and it's my car! He has the nerve to try and change it one last time. I tell him I have no problem embarrassing him in front of his friends so he better stop it. He knows I mean business at this point. This should be an interesting year with this teenager I live with. I made the mistake of thinking about things I did in seventh grade and I almost sent myself into a full blown panic attack. I don't think I'm ready for this! Ignorance is bliss and this is a subject I'm not ignorant on.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oooh, remind me to remind you of all the shit I was doing at 13 years old! Or how bout the stuff I was doing with you!!!

kerry said...

Don't scare me Kelly!