Monday, September 20, 2010

Grumps and Debbie come in for a weekend visit

Thursday night Aidan had a soccer game. He had to take care of business right after it started. Must be nice to be a boy.
When I look at this picture the movie "the matrix" is in my head. Aidan is the star player on his team. I'm excited because I have never had a the star player. My other two are great athletes, but him being the baby of the bunch he has always had to hold his own. I have to say it has paid off for him. He is playing on a team two years up from his age. He is just that good!

Here he is making a crazy good goal with his left foot. I hear that is a great thing. I'm taking all the pictures for the team again. I'm by the other teams parents since this is the best place to get the good shots. While over there I hear the parents talking about Aidan. They can't believe how good he is since he is half the size of the others. They start to call him "the bumble bee" because he is everywhere. I find myself wanting to tell them he is mine. Then I think, Hello that's kind of like saying "hey look at me". Do you think this may be a cry for help? Being a stay at home Mom sometimes you find yourself seeking a little attention. No one gives a shit that he is mine. They are here to watch a game.

Friday night against my better judgment I host a party for 30+ middle school kids. Since Blake just turned 13 I decide I will put myself through the torture. I spend Friday all day baking these cute bite size cupcakes. I got this great recipe from my friend Sharri in Chicago. They have a secret ingredient that makes them really good.
I got a bunch of glow necklaces and light up glasses for the event. I turned my garage into a kick ass disco. Right away the dog has a glow necklace around his neck and a whole piece of pizza in his mouth. This is the first sign that it is going to be a long night. I spent my night chasing middle school kids from walking down the street even though I gave them strict instructions to stay in the driveway, garage, and kitchen. I had to chase them out of my neighbors yard numerous times since he has O tolerance for that kind of thing. I watched a wee bit of drama from time to time from the girls at the party. I thought to myself on more than one occasion...why didn't I end this party earlier. I had to ask them more than once to put a more age appropriate song on. What the hell is wrong with the Disney station anyway??? The whole party at one time was screaming at the top of their lungs the Rhianna and Eminen song. Hello that song is about a guy lighting his girlfriends bed on fire and she likes it! What the hell kind of kids are we raising anyway????


At one point the kids are all dancing and singing to Journey. I go out there to dance and sing with them. Blake politely pulls me aside and asks to stop since I am embarrassing him. A couple of cans of pop get thrown over the neighbors fence along with some glow sticks and two balls. I know I'm going to have hell to pay since he has called the police on me when my kid looked at him funny.
The kids have a great time. Me not so much. I am slightly jealous, this is such a great age.


Blake has so much fun. Towards the end of the party hubby goes to pick up my Dad..aka.. Grump and my Mom...aka...Debbie up from the airport. They get to witness the last hour of this craziness.
The next day hubby goes to the neighbors house two times to say he is sorry for the stuff that went over the fence. Of course he won't answer the door. We do want our balls back as well. No telling how many dollars worth of balls he has kept in the three years we have lived here. We go to our other neighbors house to watch the UT game that night. When we come home all the cans and the glow sticks are thrown in our driveway, not the balls. The next day hubby sees him outside and explains that our friends two year old tossed those cans over the fence and we are really sorry. He asks if we could have our balls back. He tells hubby he did not see any balls but he will double check. That is BS since we looked over the fence and the balls were right next to the cans. I'm at the point where I am sick of kissing this guys ass to keep the peace. I want to collect all the balls in the hood that no one is using and write "blow me" on them. I will chuck one a day into his yard. It would just make me feel better.
Poor Cole, he was having a great time at the party and Blake kept telling me to get him out of there. Sucks to be the little brother.
The kids were waiting to be picked up all hanging in the driveway. I have to laugh that everyone one of them was on their cell phones texting each other. I don't get why they had to do this when they are sitting right next to each other. This is one warped generation.
Saturday morning we had two games and Blake had a referee job. We all ran around like chickens with our heads cut off. After the games my Mom...aka..Debbie downer went out looking at the model homes in the area. When we got back we found The Grump and the Grump in training on the sleep on the sofa.
On Sunday the Bears are playing Dallas. This is funny since my Dad...aka..Grump and Hubby who is from Texas are watching the game together. Cole puts on his Cowboys Jersey to make Hubby happy.

Cole also puts on his Chicago jersey to make the Grump happy. Watch out girls this one is a pleaser! My Mom...ake...Debbie Downer and I take off to shop in Wimberly. Blake goes with us in hopes that we will stop at the mall.

Mom and I are shopping in Wimberly. Blake who has in the last few months become that sleep, eat, and complain child of mine ends up in the cafe eating and watching the football game with the owner. Debbie Downer can shop like no one I have ever met. She can spend over an hour in a store looking at the same shit over and over. I end up sitting outside waiting for her in front of every shop. I know what guys feel like when they are dragged around shopping.


That night after the Bears kill the Cowboys Mom and I take Blake to his church youth group. While were driving there Cole is riding his motor scooter with no shoes and no helmet, this is a huge NO, NO. My Mom sees him and is telling Blake, his friend, and I everything that could go wrong with this situation. She tells us he could get a cut on his foot that will get infected shoot right up to his heart and kill him. I say right away....back off Debbie I don't raise my kids this way. She says ...things like this happen. Blake who is in the back seat says......hey Grandma do you remember when you told me if I ate too many pieces of popcorn at once I could die??? She then tells Blake she knew someone that happened too. I wonder why I fear so much...Hello it's Debbie's fault. I don't want my kids to go through life thinking that some infection is going to shoot to their heart if they don't wear shoes. I have spent most of my adult life trying to re-train my brain to not think that way.

We are preparing dinner and Aidan wants to help. My evil side would like to tell him to take a hike. He is slow and he makes a mess. Even though he thinks he is helping he is making more work for me. I give in because I know it is important for kids to feel important. See I'm really not that bad of a Mom.
If Aidan is helping Cole has to help too. Double trouble and double the mess. While sipping her Cosmo Debbie Downer says.......Aren't you worried that they are going to cut their finger off???? Back off Debbie...just sip on that Cosmo....is what I want to say. Truth be told I am more of a klutz than these two so I have a bigger chance of that.
Monday we took my parents to the airport. They just might be the perfect house guest. They washed the sheets and towels they used and had everything all put back together upstairs. They are always a big help when they come and for some odd reason they like too clean. I always get a little teary eyed when they leave. After they get out of the car Cole says.......Don't cry Mom it's not like you will never see them again. I almost catch myself saying....you never know what might happen. Holy Bejesus I spent too much time with Debbie! I tell him I would just like it if we could live by each other. Cole tells me he is going too buy a house on the same street as me.
On our way home we pass a few pan handlers. Aidan the thinker says......can I get arrested if I act like a homeless person and Im not really homeless???? I ask him if he is thinking about standing on a street corner asking for money. He says yes, if I won't get arrested. I ask why he would possibly want to do that. He tells me so he could get enough money too buy a house boat. I tell him yes he would get arrested. I tell him he better never be on a street corner or anywhere begging for money. I tell him it takes good grades, hard work, or a really great idea to get enough money for the things we love.


I had to take that picture of Cole doing his homework with his football helmet on. He just loves football. He looked so cute. He tells me all the time he wants to be in the NFL when he grows up. We had such a great weekend with the Grump and Debbie. I hate how fast it always goes.

No comments: