Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break

We stopped at the Embassy suites in Lubbock on our first day. We got there around seven pm and headed to Hooters for dinner. I wake up at about 2am with horrible cramping in my stomach. I can't move I feel so sick. This is where I start to try to make deals with God, I think please God I don't want to be sick take this away! Doesn't work I end up in the bathroom with stuff coming out both ends. All I can think about is how am I going to get in a car an travel like this for eight more hours. I spend most of the night up on the potty. I finally fall asleep around 6am only to have to get up at 7am to get on the road. I think I got some kinda food poisoning from Hooters. I get in the car with a pillow and blanket and sleep for the first four hours of the trip. Thank God, I shit everything out of me the night before so we don't have to stop on the road. I wake up and I'm kinda bored. One can only look at so many cows on the side of the road. I decide to read through the information packet from the house were going to be staying in. I come to a part that says "HYDRATION AT ALTITUDE". This reads as follows............Please be aware of symptoms of MOUNTAIN SICKNESS. Severe forms are characterized by severe shortness of breath, cough, headache, confusion, shakes, or hallucinations. This may progress to coma and death. WTF, I now have that sick feeling in my stomach. I'm thinking....turn the car around. I'm trying to calm myself down in my head. I see a sign for McDonald's and now I'm not only thinking about the awful Mountain sickness but I'm thinking how great some french fries would be right now. I wish I would have never picked up that damn information sheet. I'm a huge believer that "ignorance is bliss". TMI is just not right sometimes. While all this crazy stuff is swarming through my head we are driving through a town called "POST" Texas. Aidan says....wow this town is great they have pizza, McDonald's, and Sonic! My mind is still busy with all the "what ifs" of Mountain sickness. I wish my mind could think simple like a child's. I'm a huge hypochondriac, I worry about everything. My mind seems to take bad shit and run with it. Wish me luck! I can't tell you how many "what ifs" are going through my head right now. Thank God I do not have access to "Google" right now, otherwise my ass would be googling "Mountain Sickness". I've already spent part of my trip thinking what if the car crashes, what if we hit a deer, what if the dog dies while were gone, what if I get a blood clot from being in the car, and the "what ifs" go on and on. I'm starting to think I should get a good therapist if I survive Mountain sickness. Staying home with my kids has been a huge blessing but I think it has also given me to much time to think about all the shit that can go wrong. I wish we could DVR our brains because I just didn't need to know about "mountain sickness".
Posted by Picasa

No comments: