Monday, March 29, 2010

Can't call myself a slug today!




The kids super clean bedrooms!
Got the kids off to school, that is the little ones. Got Blake up, I thought he was getting ready but he had fallen back asleep. Needless to say he missed the bus. Hubby who is usually at work at this time happened to be home so he ended up driving him. This worked out most well for me since I like to go back to bed after they leave. I got up at my standard ten am. My first instinct is to spend the day surfing the net, watching TV, and chatting with my friend Sharri. Guilt sets in and I think I have to get something on my list done today. BTW, even though I make list, I hate list. I have a huge list that keeps growing by the week. The bigger it gets the more it scares the shit out of me and the more I can't seem to get anything done on it. I need to get the upstairs cleaned and organized I have a few waves of guest coming in the month of April. These pictures I posted are of my finished project. One damn thing off that annoying check list. Once I get started I'm a monster I can't stop, I even got three loads of laundry done and put away while cleaning. The only knowledge I gained by this venture is the kids are going to start cleaning their gross toilets from now on. Why the hell can't boys pee in the pot! Yes I happen to be tooting my own horn right now. I usually completely ignore the upstairs only going up there to get the kids tucked in, get them up in the morning and of course lay back down in the Vegas style room. I'm a true believer that "ignorance is bliss" in many cases and this is one of them. After I was done today I keep going up there to admire my work, I love it when its so clean. I do have a sudden urge to lay on the floor and make carpet angels while I admire my work. I pick up the little guys from school and I tell them I cleaned the crap out of the upstairs so we have to make an effort to keep up with it. I tell them I'm going to start throwing anything left on the floor anyway from now on. This doesn't even scare them they know I'm full of shit. I have made this threat before and have never followed through. The truth is I don't like it when they clean it, I'm particular, everything has a place and I want it in it. I need to stop making threats that I have no intention of following through with. I'm not doing them any good by making these empty threats! I'm going to start throwing these people I live with crap away!!!!!!!
As excited as I am about the upstairs being so clean I do still have a monkey on my back. THE CLOSETS, now these suckers scare the shit out of me. They kinda haunt me I know there in need of some tender lovin care. This is care I just don't have the energy for. I don't know where to start. I hate cleaning out closets for many reasons. The biggest is I realize that I spend more money on my kids clothes than mine, again "ignorance is bliss". I could have an Abercrombie store! I am an abercrombie whore! I have even turned the kids Grandma's into abercrombie whores. I just LOVE the way those shirts feel, they are so soft and they wash so good! I also hate trying to figure out what the kids still fit in. I'm constantly switching Blake's stuff to Cole's closet and Cole's stuff to Aidan closet. I find this overwhelming at times. Blake has it made since he gets all new all the time. Poor Aidan his clothes have been through two boys before they get to him. I wish I could go on one of those shows where they come in and organize all your spaces for you. I kinda have little places through the house where I pile up stuff. Hubby likes to call these little places "Kerry's corners". I need to get these closets and Kerry's corners taken care of and get this monkey off my back!
Anyway I can not call myself a slug today which is a great feeling! I think I should reward myself with a day of mindless TV tomorrow.
Totally different subject......I Hate I-pod touches! The kids asked for these at X-mas, of course they got them. I'm a prisoner of this me, myself, and I generation of brats. I have no one to blame but myself, Grandparents, and Aunts and Uncles of course. These suckers cause me stress almost constantly. We have had the one that just plain shut down, we lost everything! I had to make an appointment at the Apple store so they could restore it. I just heard the Apple store by us grosses 27 million a year, how sick is that! I must say they are always most accommodating there, maybe its because I own four Apple I-pods and two I-phones! This is not my biggest bitch about these these suckers. My kids miss place these puppies on a daily basis and always come to me and say "where is my I-pod touch?". My standard response is always the same........How the heck would I know where the heck your I-pod touch is.....Do you ever see me play with these??????? My kids can't keep track of them!!!!!! Another most annoying thing is that they want to buy shit constantly on these suckers. The most annoying thing is when the two little ones can't figure out something on them and they start to whine about it! Tonight Cole was whining about not being able to find a song on his and I said "I'm sick of you and your I-pod, its all you do and it annoys me". He tells me "well all you do is watch TV and play on the computer". I sit there for a second thinking OK he's kinda got me there but damn it he can't talk back to me like that. I take that stupid I-pod away that I want to throw right in in toilet about now and send him to his room for talking back. I would be so much happier if I had never bought them those stupid I-pod touches! I'm feeling like a bit of a hypocrite since I just became a fan of itunes on FB! Damn, I have such a way with eating my words. Since Hubby let me go back to sleep while he drove Blake to school today, I do not have a "get out of jail free" card tonight. I'm signing off now! It was an Apple I hate this sucker kinda of a day with these people I live with!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

So what do you think about making a trip to Chicago and decorating my house since yours looks awesome!