Sunday, March 21, 2010

Birthday parties are overrated!




I tried like hell to bribe the kids out of a kids party! I failed miserably. So I rent a 200 dollar bounce house and it rains all day. The kids still have fun of course, but my house is now a sea of wet grass. I do have to say I kinda lucked out since Cole and Aidan birthday is one day apart I got to combine the them and get it over with in one shot. My Hubby is the worst part of having the kids party. He complains about the cost of things, then he says things like "you know the house is going to get trashed"......yes I know but what do you want me to do???????
What does he want me to do wrap them in bubble wrap and make them eat in the street???





As much as the bounce house is a hit it is also a miss! I can honestly say THIS WILL BE MY LAST BOUNCE HOUSE AT THE HOUSE. The kids come in one by one soaking wet complaining about something someone has done in the bounce house. Now I'm trying to get pizza out to everyone and I find myself being a referee. I swear I'm going to order myself a uniform along with a whistle. So I find myself trying to reason with kids who just don't want to hear what I have to say and aren't listening anyway. Meanwhile hubby is following me around pointing out all the wet grass on the floor.


Cole's friends have a few disagreements. Now I have Cole crying to me that his party sucks. I tell him get over it or it will be your last party EVER, like I have said before Cole is very dramatic.

Here is Cole with all his cute girlfriends! I think he has fun with the girls because he is a drama queen at heart.

Oh boy its cake time! I get the cake passed out to all the kids! Now over the years I have realized that cake is a waste of money at a kids party, they only eat the frosting! Most of the time I make homemade cupcakes for kids parties since you can do that for about ten dollars. I dragged my ass on this party so I had to buy the cakes. Kids are all eating their cake and hubby is following me around pointing out cake on the floor! Next time I swear I will send him out of the house for the party.

Cole with his Cowboys themed cake.
Aidan and his best bud Will. I must say I would trade my kids for this kid. He is the most well behaved and polite kid!
How cute are they???????????????????

Aidan kinda reminds me of a deer caught in headlights in this pic!
Lets hope he stays that way, kinda sweet! Party went as good as could
be expected, I think most of the kids had fun. Next year I need to step
up my game as far as the bribing goes, for I would not be sorry at all if
this was my last kids party!

No comments: