Thursday, March 25, 2010

Did I really just buy my 12 year old 100 dollar shoes??

Today was a pretty great day with these people I live with. I picked the little guys up at school, came home and realized SHIT were supposed to be at the doctor. I really need to start writing notes on my hand with a sharpie. We rush to get to the Doctors appointment only to get there ten minutes late. The lady behind the counter gives us the stink eye for being late. This makes me laugh since we sit in the waiting room at least 30 minutes every time we go there. Not to mention the 15 minutes you wait for the Dr. once you get in the room. Aidan is there to get a gross wart removed from his finger. He is very brave even though I know it hurts him. I've been craving McDonald's french fries ever since we passed 5000 McDonald's driving to our ski trip. After the Dr. I say hey how about a shake, this way I can get my fries and look like a super hero. They say, Yeah we want Sonic shakes! I tell them Sonic is out of shakes so we have to go to McDonald's. Cole says how would you know that???? I tell him they had a big sign in front of the place, I say didn't you see that???? Kids crack me up because he says"Oh I did see that". We are driving home with our shakes and fries and I say isn't this a great day??? No one is fighting, fussing, or complaining. They both agree. I tell them wouldn't it be great if everyday could be like this. They both agree so we will see how long it last.

We get home and get ready for our two soccer practices. While driving there Blake tells me its his girlfriends Birthday tomorrow. He wants to get her a gift. I call hubby so he can meet me at the soccer field to take the other two home. Blake and me head to the mall. I hate the mall I realize I want all new stuff. We walk through Macy's and I want all new sheets, towels, and bedding. We walk through Dillard's past a sea of fabulous shoes. We walk through Nordstrom and I think I would love four hours to grab as much shit as I can. So Blake and me go to Ambercrombie to pick out a shirt for his girlfriend. This gorgeous sales guy comes up and tells us were in the girls section. I tell him we are shopping for my son's girlfriend. He kinda laughs, he's probably thinking what I am, which is he is to young for a girlfriend. This guy is a mix of African American and white I think. He is the kind of beautiful that you just can't stop starring at. He is 20 at most, I'm not looking because I'm some old desperate housewife. He is just really striking, and he had a tight shirt on with a perfect chest. We leave the store and I say something to Blake about that guy looking like he could be a movie star. Blake is like Oh Mom your so gross checking out guys. I tell him hey I'm not checking him out but I do notice if someone is exceptionally pretty, boy or girl. Then he tells me yeah I guess I notice pretty girls too. We go to the food court and get Philly cheesesteak sandwiches and cheese fries. As I'm writing this I can feel this Philly cheesesteak now hanging over my jeans, but damn it was worth it. After we eat Blake drags me into to finish line. He has been wearing my ass out about getting Nike shocks since school started. He has a hole in his gym shoes and I'm starting to wonder if he put it there himself. I have a real hard time spending 100 dollars on kids gym shoes. I really don't want to start this at his age. He has not let up all school year. I finally say if you pay half I will pay the other half, this could be from the bunny. I tell him you can't have them till Easter though. He agrees and I do the thing I swore I would never do all year, I spend the 100 dollars on kids shoes! I complain alot about this me, myself, and I generation. Guess what I have no one to blame but myself! I call hubby to tell him we are going to be heading home. He is most frustrated and says the kids are driving him crazy and their in homework hell. I hang up the phone and think shit I don't want to go home to that so I tell Blake "hey lets get you a haircut". Were driving home I'm texting AT A STOP LIGHT. Blake tells me that texting while driving is ten times worst that drunk driving. I look at him and say are you learning that in school???? He says "No Oprah says that all the time". SHITZZZZZZ these kids are hanging out with me way to much if they are quoting Oprah. The sad thing is he is absolutely right I should never text and drive even if I am at a stop. Anyway I listened to Blake call about 6 of his friends telling them about his new shoes, he was so excited. I do remember how important things like shoes and clothes are when you are at that age. I really wasn't expecting this to start till HS though. The smile on his face was worth the 100 dollars. Anyways these people I live with were not half bad today.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I thought you took oprah's no texting while driving pledge! I love that Blake busted your ass. That's pretty funny about sonic being out of milkshakes.