Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Got up today around 6:45 to get the kids off to school. I go in someones room only to find that they have wet the bed, of course I just washed all the sheets in the house yesterday. Aidan wanted a bagel with cream cheese. I made the mistake of getting cinnamon bagels instead of plain. I'm checking my E-mail while the kids eat breakfast. I see Aidan give his entire bagel loaded with cream cheese to the dog. WHATTTTTTT are you doing I say??????? Aidan tells me his bagel just doesn't taste right. I tell him you can't feed the dog that. So off they go to school. I get my oldest up to start getting ready and get him off. I think I will lay back down for awhile. I go up to one of my kids rooms because it is the equivalent of Vegas, super dark and no clock. This is always a mistake because I can sleep like a rock up there. I have thought about giving him the master bedroom and taking his room. I wake up to sound of the dog puking all over the upstairs. So my cat nap is cut short today. I get up clean up the puke and get the wet sheets in the washer. I really thought about not blogging today because the day was so rotten. My plan with this blog is to give it to the kids after they have their own kids. I want it to be honest and from the heart. I want them to know its normal to feel frustrated and deflated at times. So this blog is really about the good, bad, and the ugly. I pick up Cole and Aidan from school and they have a friend come over. They love to play basketball in the driveway and hang out in the garage. I go out the garage to check on the kids and Aidan is taking apart his brothers bike, why I really still do not know! I find myself saying things like "you have no respect for people things whats wrong with you???" and "you have no idea how much things cost, do you think money grows on trees???". I mean really what the hell is going through this kids head????? It's time to go to soccer practice and I can't find the two NEW balls I bought for this season. Cole tells me Blake and his friend were playing basketball with them and they went over the fence. I'm thinking we have five basketballs why would they be throwing soccer balls at the hoop. Well this is a huge problem since the man next door will not give our balls back. Once they go over the fence they are gone for good. Yet another forty dollars out the door. Here I am again today now yelling "do you think money grows on trees????". Blake and me are fighting in car about the balls. My Mom calls, so while I'm on the phone with her I hear Aidan say to Blake "I know you tossed the balls over the fence on purpose". Blake turns around and says "shut up you ass". I'm really taken back by this. I'm no dumb ass I know kids in middle school cuss but I have had many conversations with Blake about not cussing in front of girls or children. This is really the first time Blake has done something like that in front of me. I'm still on the phone but I give him the look of death. I have to drop him off at one field for practice and then take Cole about five miles down the road for his practice. He gets out of the car and I tell him we will talk after practice. On the road again to Cole's practice Aidan and Cole are in the back talking about farts and butt holes. I have had it at this point. What the hell am I doing wrong??? I tell them I don't want to hear that kinda talk and that I can't believe they would talk that way in front of me. We get to practice for Cole, I'm sitting with Aidan. I ask him why they act that way for me when they are so good at school, at a play date, or for their Dad. He tells me that Dad works hard all day, teachers are nice, and all I do is make noodles. The immature part of me wants to tell him to suck off! Noodles are you kidding me????? My freakin life revolves around these kids, everything I do is for them. I just want them to grow up to be happy, healthy, and respectful people. I feel I'm failing miserably right now. Back in the car again, I'm rushing to get Blake now. Pick up Blake and take his phone away for the "ass" comment. The phone is an important thing at this age since he does an average of 900 text messages a month. He doesn't even argue because he knows he crossed the line with me. We get home, I have dinner in the crock pot. Aidan says "I don't want that". Ok I'm way past my breaking point so I YELL "what do you think I am a short order cook?????". Aidan starts to cry and goes and lays on the sofa. Guilt sets in don't ask me why because I would have been just fine if they hadn't messed with me all day. Homework time I won't even go into. Off to bed thank God! I'm sitting here writing this blog with a half of jar of skin cream on my face because I know this day has caused some damage. Cole comes down at 9:30 to say he's thirsty, Aidan comes down at 10:05 saying his foot is bleeding! Their bedtime is 8:30 BTW! So my day is not getting better. I hope someday when their reading this that one of them will spring for a face lift for me since stress causes aging. Not such a great day with these people I live! I hope tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now....I know someone else lives in my hell, too.

So funny, girl!!

jenbeck1126 said...

Thank you for that - your misery just made my day! Hilarious!!