Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break, Angel Fire, New Mexico


We headed out to Angel Fire, New Mexico for spring break. We are driving so I'm mentally prepared for fights, farts, burps, and complainers. The drive is going relatively well so far. Not to many "Are we there yets". That is until I am thinking to myself ...wow no
one is asking about how much longer. While my mind is still absorbing this fact it is rudely interrupted by Cole saying "how much longer, this is the worst trip ever". I turn around and tell him we still have five hours to go. Cole my most dramatic child says "OHHHHHHHH FIVE hours I've never had to be in the car this long before, were going to be driving forever" My nasty mind is thinking put another movie in and shut the hell up. Kids these days have it made on road trips, haha "kids these days" another comment I swore I would never say. It's amazing how you go through life eating your words. Anyway they have movies to watch, I-pod touches to play with, phones to text on, and in my car they can hook up the play station! So I decide it wouldn't be nice to tell a nine year old to "shut the hell up". I decide to go into a speech about what it was like to take a road trip when I was a kid, yet another thing I swore I would never do. I tell him when I was a kid we traveled with Adults who not only smoked in the car but they smoked with the windows up. We had nothing to do but play made up games like how many different state licenses we could spot. You only asked "are we there yet once", since adults were allowed to take you out of the car and kick your ass. There were no movies, phones, or I-pods to occupy our time. Blake and Aidan say nothing to my ranting and raving about how bad it was to travel in my day. Cole on the other hand is like "I KNOW, I KNOW". I ask him how would you like to travel that way??????? He tells me he would be just fine because he would just read a book and sleep, it would be no big deal. I have to laugh my ass off at this point........they wouldn't last a hour. Great trip so far with these people I live with.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelly said...

How bout the fact that we were all squeezed into a station wagon and had to actually sit right next to each other? They would die!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Angel Fire to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane