Wednesday, March 24, 2010

In need of a vacation from my vacation.

I've kinda been a ball of stress this week. I think its because I just came off a week of being with my kids 24/7. That always seems to throw me off my game. Maybe its because the reality of five practices and three games a week have set back in. I think I need a weekend to myself to not get out of my pj's and watch mindless TV all day. That or I need a visit from Dr. Phil to tell me to "get real". Maybe a visit from Dr. Oz to show me how to live a healthy life and put me in that God awful truth tube. How about a visit from Oprah so I can finally have that "ahhh Haaa" moment. Oh wait the best one would be for Nate Berkus to show up on my doorstep to relieve me of my motherly duties and redo a room for me. I writing this thinking Damn I watch way to much TV. Being a Mom is one hard job. You always have to be up on your game and be one step ahead of them. This is true work especially now when you have to monitor so much. Sometimes its just plain hard to be on top of your game. As I'm sitting here writing this I can hear my kids upstairs rambling around even though they were supposed to be asleep 45 minutes ago. I feel frustrated as hell. When I was a kid you didn't dare get out of bed or create a ruckus. Bedtime was bedtime and that was it. We were scared to push the envelope plus we had respect for our parents. I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong. Kids just don't seem to get these days. They think they rule the world. I sound like an old ass lady right now. I love them to death and for the most part they are really good kids. I seem to blog alot about the bad but they have alot of good qualities to. Bottom line is people don't want to hear about how great your kids are it's boring. They want to hear the nitty gritty it makes them feel better about themselves. I just pray that they will grow up to be happy and healthy and someday they will get it! I also hope that I'm alive to watch them raise their God awful children. I will sit back with a cocktail laughing my ass off while I say "I told you so".

Because I'm addicted to looking at peoples pictures on FB I came across a picture of cupcake pops. They looked so delicious. I couldn't get them out of my head. I found myself "googling" how to make them. Kids went off to school today and I attempt to make these suckers. While putting them together I can see this is going south. They keep falling apart and they just plain don't look that appetizing. My first instinct is to throw them in the trash and pretend they never existed. I should have followed that instinct, like Oprah says "you should listen to your instincts because they are usually right". They look ok but they taste awful. The kids don't even like them. You know there bad when the kids don't eat them. They are way to sweet to the point that they make you nauseous. So in the trash they go, I don't even think a homeless person would eat them. A baker I will never be!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Don't worry, when I come down in April, I'll show you how to bake. I may not be a great cook but I can bake. What a sin to throw those out. They look good.

Unknown said...

The cupcake pops look really good! I think you did a great job!of course, I didn't have to eat them :). (I'm sure they were supper tasty).

Unknown said...

They look great! The kids in my neighborhood are such scavangers when they come over here, that I could promise you, they would not have gone to waste!