Monday, March 22, 2010

Skiing and snowboarding

This is me on the last day. I did apply sunscreen believe it or not. I guess I should have reapplied a few times. This picture isn't even half as bad as I looked in person. I think I added five years to my skin in one day.

This is the kids putting on a dance show on our last night in New Mexico.

The nice thing about a ski trip is it wore the kids ass out! They all went to bed with no problem every night. This is our last day we were skiing in our shirts it was so hot on the mountain.

I really didn't think skiing would be for me. I'm more of a beach girl. I took one day of ski school which was fun. The coach did knock me on my ass while trying to get my legs right. The last time I was skiing was with my friend Karen Melind in HS. My only memory is her tumbling down the mountain. I was laughing so hard watching her that I started tumbling as well and as I was tumbling laughing my ass off I wet my pants. This time I did not wet my pants but I did tumble down the mountain more than once. I never got off the bunny slopes but I still had fun. There was some nice eye candy on the mountain, I'm talking about hubby of course....;)The lifts I never did master I fell off the damn thing every time which always caused a pile up behind me. Quite embarrassing I must say!
One of the days we just hung around the house. We ended up making snowmen. We were laughing so hard because the snow was so deep that we had to keep pulling each other out of it. One time I lost my boot when the snow swallowed me. Blake had to dig my boot out.

This was my two youngest kids first time on a snow vacation. They both loved it. I grew up in the snow so it's not a big deal for me. They have never really gotten to play in the snow besides the inch we got in Austin this year. I could not get them out of it.

I spent alot of my vacation taking great pictures of everyone on the slopes. I did not get my picture taken skiing since the camera was locked up that day since everyone was skiing. We decide to go tubing one night. I tell hubby to take some pictures of me so it looks like I was part of the trip. This is the picture he got of me! Notice this is pretty much a picture of my back. I was excited to get back to the house and look at the pictures only to find out that he had taken about 20 pictures of a girl coming down the mountain that he thought was me. She was dressed in all red. This proves that men sometimes look right through you and don't even notice what your wearing. He said he was far away and he thought it was me. I was like Hello you knew I wasn't in red, what the hell are you color blind?????

This is the girl that I have 20 great pictures of coming down the mountain. I thought ummmm after the first ten shots shouldn't he have realized it wasn't me?????? Anyway hubby has alot of great qualities but picture taking isn't one of them, neither is noticing what I'm wearing or what I look like!!!!! We have been married for 14 years, he has known me almost half his life now. Don't worry I'm not bitter at all.

Here we are at a nice family owned restaurant across from the mountain. My friend and I would have Bloody Marys here while the boys and girls skied. Definitely a trip high light.

Here we are on one of the decks of the house we stayed in. The view was awesome. I look at this picture and realize Blake might be taller than me next year!
This is one of my favorite photos from the trip.


Here is Blake snowboarding. He is somewhat of a natural at it. I wish I had no fear like him.

We put Aidan and Cole in ski school for the first two days. This was worth every penny. They would start at 7:30 and wouldn't get out till 4pm! Great babysitter for the day. They came out of that ski school going down the green and the blue runs. Aidan is very tired after school as you can tell from the picture.

Here is Cole proud as hell after two days in ski school. He can't wait to get on the mountain on his own!

I feel like I didn't see much of Blake on this vacation. He spent his whole day on the mountain.
This is a great shot of Aidan coming down the mountain. He ended up being quite the little snowboarder. Cole on the mountain.
Cole made this look so easy!

Here is Aidan coming down a green for the first time.
Cole coming down the green.

Here is Aidan and Hailey in ski school.

Funny the kids rode the lifts with no problem.
I was the only one who could not get off without falling.

Here is Aidan with his ski coach on the lift.

The boys looked cute getting their gear on.
Ski school

The sunset from the house we stayed in!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Are you serious with that sunburn! Holy aging is all I can say. Cute pics of the boys. Maybe one of them will end up in the Olympics or something???